Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday Morning Fog

The best laid plans.....

Up at 0500 hours, and we can see the distance of a football field.
Fog is so thick, you get slightly wet just walking through it.

Coffee with Irish Creme this morning, and comfortable talk about shared school experiences take the disappointment out of not being able to fire up the boat.

Yesterday, flights down for everyone were uneventful.
My flight arrived 10 minutes early, and my arrival at the baggage area was met by three smiling faces. We went immediately and purchased out-of-state fishing licenses......$38 for three days.

Just down the street for the necessities.........beer, bourbon, vodka, and, oh yeah......munchies!

Tom owns a beautiful little home with a canal at his back door. We're met by his old Boxer....."Amos".
Amos is instantly "one of the boys."
Tom's boat is hanging at the dock, ready to be dropped into the water and maneuvered via canal to the bay. It's a beautiful setting.

Beer in the fridge, except for three cold ones, we move to the patio overlooking the canal for some catching up on gossip and legitimate news.
We're all immediately comfortable.

Tom suggested dinner at "Shelley's". A good recommendation.
We ate on the patio, Gulf visible from our table.
Seafood for all but John......I think he ordered chicken because he saw a great deal of fish in his future.

Back home overlooking the canal with more long necks at hand, we talk until almost 10 P.M., when we all realize how long the day has been.
Two beds downstairs and two upstairs, we're all well rested this morning, sipping coffee, again sharing memories.

Fog? Who cares!
Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone!

More later.

2 comments:

Purple Tabby said...

What a fun trip! I'm already wishing to be there instead of going on a quilting retreat.

What was I thinking??!!

Flygirl said...

I so happy for you all and feeling sorry for myself...I'M WORKING!!

Wishing you all a wonderful trip.
As I gaze into my crystal ball, what's this I see? Fish, fish and more fish and laughter...lots of laughter...oops, wait...do I spy a hangover? Nah, never! I see the "hair of the dog"...ha, ha.

Here's to ya! 2006 Galveston Shoot Out Guys.