Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Go Fish!

My son made it home from Vancouver, B.C., and helped me scan the pictures of the GGFF. Thank you son!

At left, "Reel Job" is suspended on a winch just 15 feet from Tools' back door. Here you see Tools and JT, with the help of "Famous Amos" the boxer, getting ready for another attempt at terrifying the fish. (Click pics to enlarge.)



TwoDogs and Tools at the end of his canal. Tools home is just to the right of this pic.
Most of the homes in this subdivision have canals like this one behind them, giving homeowners access to Galveston Bay.





Tools congratulates JT for being the only member of our party to successfully land a fish on this trip!







Tools demonstrates what we did best while we were
scaring fish away from the bait......











JT at his position atop the 150 Horsepower Yamaha.










Tools displays TwoDog's proud catch.......a mussel shell!









Greybeard and TwoDogs at the bow. (Greybeard's training wheels are just out of the bottom of the picture.)







The streetside view of Tool's lovely home.








TwoDogs and Greybeard pack the car on the last day of the adventure........."Do we really hafta go?"






TwoDogs clicking the shutter,
Moe, Curly, and Larry?

3 comments:

the golden horse said...

Thanks for the great pics. It was really nice to see Tom again.
I am so happy you guys got some time to reconnect again.
Did you really use any worms?? Or any bait at all for that matter?? I have my suspicions....

Greybeard said...

GH:
I learned something there too....
I expected we would use fish parts,
(parts is parts!)....for bait.
But you're right, we used lures that look like tasty bits to the fish.
I guess they didn't look "tasty" enough, considering our results!

And Ferdy, I buzzed my hair just before the trip. When I went to work, my Britisher counterpart said, in his best accent, "the only reason you can do that is because you have hair......if I did that, I'd look like a billiard ball."

I guess that's a compliment.

Flygirl said...

I love the pics! You all look like you had a really wonderful time...fish or no fish!

Tools really has a great place: direct access to the bay, boat right outside the door...what more could ya want?

I'm very happy for him and his family.

It was great to get a peek at you guys on GGFF of 2006. Thanks for sharing with all of us Blog-Babes.