Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm a Vandy's kid now!

Well, always was, but have accepted the invitation from the big bro to join the blog group.
Very different memories as I was 5 to 6 years behind most of you, but being a VK also presents many familiar memories as well. Petting the ponies over the fence during recess, the odor that let you know that, yes, you are now in the middle school building!! Waiting for the auditorium to be built so that assemblies could be held somewhere besides the gym. The haunted house that scared the poop out of me set up in the locker room tunnel. Going across the street to buy the biggest apples I have ever seen in my life. Watching my bro pretend to be a tree so the "woodman" could TRY to cut him down during homecoming bonfire festivities.
I don't know that I will have much to comtribute, but I will continue to read, and hope that our generations of VK's will grow.

4 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Welcome, MN. Glad that you have 'officially' decided to join us. Say Hi to big Bro for me..

Greybeard said...

Hi and welcome, Sis!
A perspective from a few classes back will fill in some blanks. The memory of the "haunted tunnel" is a good one!

And TD......I'll see you and that beauty of a wife Friday night!

BoMarGirl said...

Great to read your thoughts and memories as a VK. Looking forward to blogging with you.

Flygirl said...

Welcome Aboard this Blog Train MN!
Keep on rolling along with us!