Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Tail's on Fire!

And I’m running as fast as I can with one foot nailed to the floor!

Playing catch-up today. Getting ready to leave for Indy at O-dark-thirty tomorrow morning. Can’t wait! There is so much going on and so much to do, this note will be a jumble of thoughts – try to keep up ;))

First I want to send a belated welcome to Hawkeye, Flygirl, Tools, and BoMarGirl. Welcome to Bloggersville! Isn’t this just the greatest thing? Blogward Trojans!

GB & TD: You are right. Fishing and quilting are much the same; we just don’t do slimy stuff & prefer white zin to beer.

GB: not all women are smarter than men but the Ladies of VK will give most a run for their money. ;)) We’ve grew up with some very smart guys, ya know, so we have been competing with the best since the bell rang in 1952.

In other news: CINC House and I have been remodeling the bathrooms & the kitchen plus painting the living room, family room & dining room (Oh Carol, where the heck have you been these last 2 months! I really needed your expertise! Love your web site)

Furniture is still piled in other rooms, waiting for something or another to get finished. Curtains are still waiting to be hemmed etc.

The good news is that 25% of the house is cleaned out, streamlined and spotless. The bad news is that the rest of the house looks like a set from Sanford and Sons. Jimmy Hoffa could be in the garage for all I know.

For weeks, it’s been a steady parade of plumbers, carpenters, counter-top guys, tile guys, glass guys, and electricians. I’ve seen more butt cracks in my own house than I ever did working in hospitals. Plus each fix-it man has to tell me what a lousy job the last guy did. Why do they do that?

Time to focus on the trip home: put hold mail, take cats to the Cat House, clean out fridge, clean out car, pack 4 quilts to finish, pack sewing machine etc, pack Easter eggs for Abby Rose and Drew (both of whom are perfect in every way or did I already tell ya that? ) go to beauty shop, pack clothes, lose 20 pounds, & uh wait. I think it may be too late for that last one.

However, I want to make a complaint to the Gods of Body Shapes. I don’t think it is fair that I have been exercising vigorously and watching what I eat (read: did everything but put duct tape on my mouth) since February & have lost so little poundage.

My body seems to attract & hold fat the way the back on the refrigerator attracts & holds dust bunnies. If my goal in life was to look like one of those ancient fertility goddess statues, I can almost say Mission Accomplished!

Unless I meet a plastic surgeon this afternoon, who has a lipo machine the size of a commercial Shop Vac, I will have to show up at the reunion looking like the mom in Hairspray.

Plan: put a camouflage tent on and pretend everything is normal. Maybe no one will notice. Maybe everyone else has gained weight, too?. Nah,,, Jeanie? Nah,,,, Janet? Nah,,, Ferdy?,,,pahleese!,,, Flygirl? No way! Surely SOMEone else will be a little, shall we say, Rubenesque?

I would really like to be smaller but I am not. I exercise and eat right so I feel good. The truth is that vanity isn’t a strong motivator for me these days; I don’t really care that much.

I care about other things like seeing old friends, getting caught up on the news, sharing memories and laughter. I want to hear what's happened in their lives, look at photo albums of their families, see their grandbabies.

But dang! A 40th reunion! I hate to be big at a reunion!! If I get small in the next 6 mo. & later kick the bucket for some other reason, my classmates will say. “It doesn’t look at all like her. She must have been very sick before the end.” Arrrrrgghhh

OH! Next Monday I will be calling y’all to confirm the folks on the Reunion list. Gnaw Bone Food & Fuel (don't ya just love that name?) needs a final head count by Tuesday when I need to place our order.

Flygirl, I’m already counting you as “there”. You need a break and we all need to see you. (Just bring the masks with you. If you like ‘em, I love ‘em) Gain some weight one the way, too ;)) That goes for everyone!

Sorry for bloggzilla of an entry but my butt’s on fire, ya see, and ,,,,,,

8 comments:

Greybeard said...

Oh my......
Laugh out loud!

No fair though......you've seen the pics of the guys on the GGFF, so you at least have an idea what to expect from that "fab four".

Most, not all, are also heavier. Why would we expect to be any different than previous generations?

What impressed me during the last several get-togethers was the overall attitude.......
no one gives a flyin' flip about what you look like! We've all got the poundage, gray hair-little hair-no hair, crazy eyebrow hair...
what am I missing?

Come.
Visit.
Have the best time you have ever had at a class reunion!

And PT......as the multitude of people marching in the streets over the last few days would say:
"Mi casa es su casa", if you are tired and need a place to sleep, or just a stopover to get out of the car and stretch your legs. I bet you'll pass within just a few miles of "Chateau Greybeard".

We're here if you need us.
I'm in the book.

BoMarGirl said...

WOW!! You are on top of things, girl...know what you mean about the weight thing. I've been hoping that the church has a good solid floor that will hold this chunky Trojan. Can't wait to see you.

Purple Tabby said...

"no one gives a flyin' flip about what you look like!"

Thanks GB! I LOVE THAT! In fact, I kind of figured that would be the case since I don’t care what others looks like. Ain’t growing older great? Well, maybe not all of it but there are a few perks.

You also wrote about grey hair, no hair and crazy eyebrow hair. Others that I think take special talent are nose hair & ear hair; it seems to appear in bushes from some folks.

Women who try to avoid sudden laughter, sneezing and coughing have acquired another special talent. It would probably be TMI if I added the details here but those who are gifted with this talent (or design flaw) already know the details anyway.

Thanks for the offer to stop by, GB. I'm hoping to do that on the way back, if there is a convenient time for you and Sara Jean. I’m hoping to cash in on your offer of a helicopter ride (assuming your chopper can lift heavy loads ;)) I’ve heard that your city is gorgeous at night.

BoMarGirl, for each classmate who is bigger now than they were 40 years ago & still attends the reunion, I’m going to pretend they gained the weight just for me.

I take it as a personal favor & thank you in advance for your dedication & sacrifice on my behalf.

Purple Tabby said...

BTW, about the pictures from GGFF.

Ferdy told me that Tools had a basketball under his shirt. She thought it might be Hoosier/Texan way of paying tribute to March Madness while fishing.

I've always trusted Ferdy. I'm sure she is right. ;))

Carol said...

Hey Purple Tabby - I just want you to know that I'm gonna start eating everything in site and the 40+ pounds (from my senior year weight) that I will have put on by the time we get together is just for you. hehe

And yes, getting older does have its pros and cons.

The reason all your subs complain about the last one is they can blame their mistakes on what the last sub. did wrong. Its never their fault.

We were in Brown County on Monday and completed a log cabin remodel for the owners of Illuminations/Trent Electrical in Plainfield. I love that little city, I love log cabins. Just take me back to the good ole days.

Flygirl said...

PT...I'm packing a fire extinguisher to use on your Tail Fire! Just stop lighting all those matches...you guys remember what I'm referring to...right?

Hoosier Boy has come to my rescue! I'm under strict orders from my HB to head North to N'ville! He even told me to fly First Class or Biz Class, and he'd pick up the tab! Too bad I'm not flying to NZ...but I'll settle in for N'ville for a day Trojan-eering.

To Eat or Not to Eat... That is the Question? Aw, chow down and enjoy it. I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with this magical number of pounds: 40. I think it's like what happened in the book: The Red Tent!

If the guys have basketballs under their shirts in honor of March Madness, I've got two basketballs on my back side and can't figure out what the heck I'm honoring??? ...and I don't care.

Yes, getting older is great...you just don't have to care about stuff any longer. Hurray!!!

The spontaneously appearing "Wild Hair" does cause me some concern; however, I've discovered that removing my glasses magically makes the "Wild Hair" disappear. I figure that if you can't see it, smell it, feel it, or hear it...IT JUST DON'T MATTER, FOLKS!

So here's to seeing everyone, but don't be surprised if you see me take off my glasses...that is if you are wearing your glasses and can see me removing mine.

However, if you see me replacing my glasses, that's because I want to hear what you're saying. It seems that my hearing improves the minute I put on my glasses...

See 'Ya!

the golden horse said...

What is it with all you guys, growing old? Can't happen, not with this class. Age is only a number.
At the reunion, I saw absolutely no one older than me and I am 39 and holdin'. Just me and Jack Benny, uh?? Yea right.
I remember when I was a kid and if anyone said they were 50 something, I thought they looked old, well, we are there now, and we don't look old.
I actually thought we were quite young looking and going good. At least we haven't fallen into the orthepedic shoes and aprons over dresses.
Come on over, weight makes no difference here and no one judges you. You will just look like a local that eats alot of poi. In fact, they have really cute swimsuits with skirts on them nowadays. Not recommended for the guys though. Or you can wear shorts and long T shirts in the water. No problem. Besides, you look thinner with a tan.
All kidding aside, my love to all of you and have lots of fun at the mini reunion and send me lots of pics please.
P.S. Eat one of those desserts for me.

the golden horse said...

PT
Hey, don't sweat the weight thingy,
I have used this perfect gauge for years and it works everytime to see if we are too fat.
It is very simple:
When you can pinch your forehead, then it is time to lose weight.

Caught you: you just tried it, didn't you???