Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Closing out the Mini-re.....

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Purple Tabby has left the building.

PT stopped by Casa Greybeard on her way to the Lone Star State.
She arrived yesterday afternoon.
After catching her breath from her drive, we took a chance on our newly opened attraction, "The China Buffet".......
I can report, it was more than satisfactory.

After a tour of "Smallville", we came home as dusk was falling.
Were your ears burning?
If you were at the Mini-re, your name came up and we said wonderful things about you!

At Midnight, it was obvious to Sara Jean and I that PT had had a long day.
We pointed her in the direction of her den.

She overslept her appointed wake-up time, and I was glad.
A bright-eyed PT emerged from her lair and jumped in the shower.
Coffee and more talk followed, including discussion of dropping by the "National Quilting Museum".....a PT passion.
But PT is homesick........she misses her CinC house, and her own bed.
We reviewed the road atlas and discussed a more direct route home.

So for the Greybeard household, the Mini-re is finally over.
Wonderful memories abound from such a short period!

Hawkeye is making plans for the Alumni Banquet......
Indy Echo and her better half are making initial plans for the October Mini-re.

You missed more than you can know if you weren't with us in Nashville.....
Get your calendar out now and make a note for October.......
I can promise, you'll be glad you did.

I'm sure Indy Echo will be posting prospective dates here soon!

4 comments:

Flygirl said...

Ah...the closing of the Mini-Re!
I'm glad that PT is back in the Lone Star State by now. I'm sure she needs some down time to recover from her journey back to Indy! I'm sure that we absolutely wore her out! I still do not know how she managed everything and did it so gracefully! The Colonel is definetly my hero-ette!
I'm trying to email my pics from the Mini to everyone. I'm having a little trouble, but have been able to get some of them to some of the Vandy Kids on my email list. I'll continue to send what I can as soon as possilbe...so bear with the Fly! I've got to leave Sunday to take my Mom on a Mini Vacation to Tennessee for a week or so. We go each year and really enjoy our "chicks on the road" trip. I'll miss bloggin with 'yall, but will be back in the blog saddle as soon as I can get back to my trusty DELL. More Later!

BoMarGirl said...

Would love to see some of the photos of the "mini" since I couldn't be there. Hope you and "E" have a fab time in TN; please tell her I think of her often and "hello" with a smile.

Flygirl said...

Thanks Bo! I'll try to send some pics when I return to FL. I might end up copying them to CD's and mailing them out. I'm frustrated with my AOL's restrictions. However, I've been told by my tech buddies at AOL that there's a way I can send these large files to lots of people. I'll check on that wondrous possibility...
I'll tell E that you said Hi! I told her that you called me and you'd planned to be at the Mini! She was so happy that you'd called, but very sorry that you'd missed the Mini. Please tell your mom & dad "howdy" from E! It really brightened her day when she found out that we'd spoken.
Back acha, when I return from the "Chicks on the Road" trip!

Purple Tabby said...

What a wonderful vacation! Indiana in the Spring time, visiting with family and best of all visiting with classmates at the reunion!

I just can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing everyone!

Having supper with Mr. & Mrs. Hawkeye was TERRIFIC! What a beautiful home and what great cooks. I SO enjoyed the evening.

Staying with Mr. & Mrs. Greybeard was FANTASTIC, too! What a great B&B! A beautiful home surrounded by lots of trees, a large pond in the back, and quiet Midwestern countryside. It was wonderful.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the reunion -- you made the whole weekend a big hit. I will remember that time forever.

Thanks to all who sent cards, flowers and photos to Mother. When I left, she was looking at them for the 100th time, smiling from ear to ear.

More later -- hubby thinks I'm supposed to paint walls today. Pfffft! Go figure!