Saturday, January 13, 2007

GB Adipose Tissue Report, Week Two














The Saturday morning weigh-in is complete.
Ready for the results?
Remember, last week the number was 205.

This week, the scale said,
Drum roll, please.........
203!
So, two pounds down, fifteen to go.

Several of you have emailed with encouraging words, and a few have extended diet advice.
I thank you for your kind thoughts and support!

Now, a couple updates:
I chatted via telephone with TC this afternoon. I wanted to be sure Ms. Sharon was gonna meet us in Destin. He assured me she will be there. I should have asked him if she was any good at catchin' fish..... that's one more gal to compete with, guys!
Hope you've also noticed that TC finally figured out how to leave a comment. He's still trying to figure out how to become a contributor, so I may give him a call and work with him on that soon. But the fact he can now leave comments is a great step.

GH wrote and said the recent earthquake in Hawaii damaged the road on the volcano on Oahu, so those of us with our hearts set on bicycling down the volcano might have to go to Maui in order to scratch that itch. She says they are working on the problem, so I'm hopeful they'll have work completed by the time we get there in November.
GH, anything to add there?

I'll begin to firm up plans for the DDFF starting 1 February.
Again, the prospective dates are 3, 4, and 5 May, departing Destin the morning of the 6th.
Take a look at your schedules, mark your calendars, and let me know if you think there's a chance you can come. (And Carol..... don't sweat the sleeping arrangements. Your distant cousin will have a place for you to bunk no matter what, and I don't mean in the bathtub, either!)

Now, as I said in the first GB Fat Report, let's throw this post open for off-subject comments. Got something you wanta report? Now's the time to do it!
(And in case you're wondering, the airplane is the Blue Angel demonstration team's C-130, "Fat Albert"!)

6 comments:

Flygirl said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGH-IN!

Pound by pound is the way to get it off and keep it off!

Still looking forward ot making the DDFF in early May. Your dates are good for me. I just need to figure out how long I can get away and book it! I'm getting excited about the DDFF. Glad to hear Mrs. TC will make it and Carol is still a strong possibility.

More later...Congrats Again on your Weigh-In!

TwoDogs said...

Talked with J.T. last evening. They are working on making the DDFF. Hawkeye has kept J.T. up to date. He should know something in a week or so. I'm hopeful - You know - he was the only one to bring a fish on board in Galveston. We may need him! Although, we are going to have TopCat this year. And if FlyGirl brings Hoosier Boy, I'd say Stand Back, Ladies, because we have ......
"Fish On!"

the golden horse said...

Just a little correction here. The ditch for fluming down is on the Big Island Of Hawaii. We live on Oahu, where Honolulu and Waikiki are. On Maui there is a dorment volcano you can bike down. Great trip, over 20 miles.
They are trying to get the ditch on the Big Island repaired as it is also used for irrigation. The Earthquake totally dried it up with the damage it inflicted. Will keep you posted on that. If anyone decides to go to another island after arriving here, no problem, fares right now very cheap and easy to get.
The two best islands for helicopter tours are Kauai and The Big Island of Hawaii to see the active volcano.
Went on the one on Kauai and it was totally breathtaking.
Each island is very different and unique. If I can answer any questions or help in any way, please contact me.
Now back to the big weigh in...great news and I know you will be successful. Onward Trojans.

Flygirl said...

ATTENTION VANDY LADIES!
It looks like the DDFF Challenge is beginning to take shape. Sooooo....we need to "get on board" with "all hands on deck" to meet the Challenge.

Team TwoDogs (or maybe "GRUNTS") is recruiting J.T. & T.C. and have GB & Hawk on board. Their team is shaping up nicely! Maybe GB will be so weak from his weight loss he won't be able to "reel" 'em in. I might have to keep H.B. at home...ha! Not really...just kidding...he's good, but not THAT GOOD!

Team "LadyFish" needs all Devil Women to heed the call..."Fish On!!! I'm going to try to recruit Jackie B. ...Now there's a Devil Woman...ha!

the golden horse said...

Hey, flygirl, don't forget to get Carol F. in on that, she is one mean fishing lady, but her husband is just as mean with a pole.
She and I went bass fishing one night a few years ago and laughed so hard we fell out of our beach chairs. Our husbands were way out on the lake in the boat and could hear us laughing.
Awwwww..bait a hook for me girls.

Flygirl said...

GH: Thanks for the heads up on C.F.!!!!
I sure wish that you could be with us for DDFF...pluse your angling abilities are desparately needed. You will be missed along with your laughter. It will be wonderful to see C.F. again!

I'm going to do everything I can to make the "Hula Bula" in the fall. I haven't been to HA in almost 20 years!!! OMG!!! I sure hope to see 'ya there!