Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Destin and Friends

Destin and Friends


That title may be backwards. Destin is a beautiful place – but, a wise Classmate once said ‘without Friends and Family to share the good times with – it doesn’t matter’. VKs and Destin are a great combination, though.

I’ll say it again…… Does it get any better? Not in this life - would be my answer....

Great Location, Great Weather, Great Food, Great Fishing, Great Condo, Great Beach, Great Sunsets and even a full moon. Highlights? Too many to list – One for me though, was watching FG’s Happy C bring that shark to the surface. Afterwards, all of us said ‘That was neat – I’m glad it wasn’t me!’ Good job, Cap…. Another highlight for me was the Friday night Fish Fry - put together by H & C. Alot of hard work, but very much appreciated. Thank You H & C. I learned how to shuck Oysters. Cap and I even ate a couple. But, the best highlight of all was sharing all of the above with Great Friends.

We even added two new friends. Sara Jean's brother and his wife. A Great Couple that seem to fit right in w/ the Class of '65. GoldenGirl - they are very comfortable on the dance floor. Unlike me - they know what they are doing. You'd like them. Didn’t get to visit with GB’s Mother nor his Sister. I was looking forward to saying Hi to them. Maybe next year. Stay well, GB’s Mom! Little Sister, Hope to see you next year as well. Bring K with you – Nice Guy…. We even talked about his golfing escapades. Funny story – although funnier when you told it.


GB, Please let Sara Jean know that everything was as perfect as she is. Moreover, Thank You both for this great time. And I will say this, GB, You look great at your new weight. Good job! Lose the weight – but never lose what counts the most. Your heart, soul, and character. There’s that word again.

Count me in for next year! GB is looking for some more fellow Trojans to join us, so keep it in mind, Please....

Next on the agenda is the Alumni Banquet at CG 6/2 - Is this right. GB? Then in October is Indy Echo's Great Fall Gathering. Finishing out the year with VKs in Paradise in Nov - core dates are 11/1 thru 11/8. So start making your plans. Hope to see you soon. Remember –

Be There or Be Square!

3 comments:

Top Cat said...

For all those who missed DDFF it was just wonderful. It really couldn't have been any better. Spending time with old classmates and getting to know them much better and meeting new friends. This trip is one we will all remember for a lifetime. Get the word out that more of you need to be there next year. You'll have a ball. Cap you did a great job catching the Shark. It wore the rest of us out just watching you. PJ you did great no sickness on the boat. By the way Patsy really did graduate from CG the way her math skills are. TD and GB thanks for the airport trips. We actually made all the flights. TD and Cindy didn't even snore to loud. Cindy it was great to get to know you much better a true sweetheart. GB your looking good with the weight loss thanks for the walks and I'm going to try and catch up. Sara Jean great peanut butter cookies. Harry and Carol great dinner Friday night. Again thanks to all for such a great time.

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say what a great time I had. Everyone at the DDFF made me feel like part of the Class of '65... I felt SO comfortable!
I feel like I've known everyone forever.
Now I'm lookin' forward to meeting old and new friends at Echo's in October!

Sara Jean

Anonymous said...

From Fly...can't remember my password!#@$#%$^&*!

TC: Have you been going to the PIT every morning??? Come on...we've got to get in shape! Ha!

Great recap of the DDFF! What a time was had by all! I DID NOT PUKE and am trying to improve my math skills! Also, David gets kudos for catching the most variety of fish on the "Carey Lynn". OOOOH that was one ugly eel! And you got the Grouper! HB's shark was a bit of drama. While TD just kept quietly realing them in...ha! Harry got his share too and that big one that made him sweat...too much fun!

Credit to GB for getting out and walking 2 & 3 times each day! He's really looking fine with SG's help and quite an inspiration for us to "shape up". There's just too many wonderful, fun memories in Destin!