Thursday, May 24, 2007

I AM SO JEALOUS... ON THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THINGS

At last another TV competition has ended this week. I am exhausted. I watched the Dancing with the Stars each and every week and loved it. I am sure I could twirl with the best of them and do a high step or two, yea right, then I woke up from my nap.
I chose Apolo the very first week I saw him dance. Since I am great Olympics follower and have admired that young man for years he was a joy to watch. He stepped outside the square each week with the most difficult dance routines. Joey a close second.
Then it occurred to me, why am I so interested in this show, why this one? Is it their costumes? Is it the music? Maybe it is getting to dance with stars?
As the tension built up and the excitement grew, and the weeks passed, I had this green envy overtake me. What was happening, what was going to happen, when will it end? Where did this feeling come from? And what was it? What was drawing me to this particular show? It was driving me nuts, and I didn't have far to travel. Was I trying to relive my high school sock hops? I didn't think so.
Then it hit me....
For those of you that know me so well and have been following some of my funniest escapades over the years can answer that one.
I bet you know why I am so Jealous of the winner.
Next year I am entering.

4 comments:

Haizir said...

Good luck!

Greybeard said...

Gotta admit, I'm not sure where you're headed with this...
I do know I used to enjoy sitting on the sidelines watching you "twirl with the best of 'em", so I'm not surprised at your interest in a show devoted to dance.

Sometime about 1November, Dr. Greybeard will be consulting in Hawaii...
We'll see if we can get to the bottom of this obsession then!

TwoDogs said...

Does it have to do with the big round balls that twirl above the dance floor? What was it you called them? Sparkly Balls..No, that's not it. I'm not sure why that would make you jealous. Must be something else. Some formal training - A long ago competetion - maybe? Like GB - I enjoyed those sock hops. Probably even for the same reasons.....

GB - That reminds me - Lets discuss the headlight issue while in Hawaii. Maybe over a margarita or two. I want to hear more about that.

Now back to the competition......
I, too, was interested in this show devoted to the dance.
GG - You picked Apolo Ohno – And I chose Cheryl Burke. I’m not sure who her partner was this year, but, it didn’t matter. Did she even have a partner??

the golden horse said...

GB
You aren't even close to the reason why, but that is okay, I know a great place for Margaritas to discuss this obession of mine and as long as you are playing Dr. well, let's just leave it at that.
TD
You are closer than you know, but I am not giving out any hints just yet. I am sure PT and BD and Bo know what it is.
As for the show this year, Yes, Cheryl did have a partner, but I can see what the attraction is for you. Must be the costumes??
Headlights, what headlights.....I have to plead the 5th on this one.