Friday, June 08, 2007

Classmates?

A friend sent this and it made me chuckle, so I thought I'd share it with ya...


HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND THINKING, "SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD?" WELL... YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE!
I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST. I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME.
SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SOME 40-ODD YEARS AGO. COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN?
UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT. THIS BALDING, GRAY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE. AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL "YES. YES, I DID. I'M A MUSTANG," HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.
"WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?" I ASKED.
HE ANSWERED, "IN 1959. WHY DO YOU ASK?"
"YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!" I EXCLAIMED.

HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY. THEN, THAT UGLY, OLD, WRINKLED, BALD,FAT, GRAY, DECREPIT JERK ASKED, "WHAT DID YOU TEACH?"

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a slap in the face! I go to a lot of singles dances; and, believe me, it's hard to tell a person's age. Sometimes you can sorta tell by looking at the hair or the wrinkles in the face. Sometimes you can sorta tell by how long it takes the guy to get up off the chair! And, of course, I'm always wondering what the others are thinking about me!

Ferdy

The Joker said...

Great joke, GB.

Communicating with my classmates in the blogs and emails has been such great fun and it sounds like we are all still in our 20's or 30's, at least in our mind. So how did these 60 yr old bodies sneak up on us?

the golden horse said...

I loved it. I am never going to the dentist again. lol.
They say today's 60 is the new 40 and I believe it totally. When you are young of mind, your body tries to follow, maybe just a little more slowly.
Ferdy..good to hear from you again.