Friday, August 31, 2007

One More Bump in the Road

Wow, I hate to do this, 'cause Heaven knows we could use a good laugh about now, but I have one more piece of uncomfortable business to share.
After posting the memorial and getting it semi-straightened out,
I got a note from Up/Down with a list of his classmates that are gone, asking me to post them.

I'm sorry to say there are some VERY familiar names on that class of '66 list now... real friends with whom I shared some great times.
I'm sure you'll have the same reaction.

Go and look.
But don't grieve. We've done enough of that this week.
It's time to celebrate their memory.
It's time once again to celebrate life.
God Bless them. God Bless us all.

7 comments:

Greybeard said...

And Up/Down, if you could review the list and insure I've not made any mistakes, I'd sure be appreciative.

The Joker said...

GB,
You might want to add
Mr. Larry Cline to the list.
He was, after all, our basketball coach and my driver's ed teacher.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that Mark Bunton is not on the class of '64 list....

Bo

Purple Tabby said...

Okay, I added Mr. Cline, Mr. Lydick and Mark Bunton but I just can't add any more for a while unless I can upload a pound of prozac.

up, down & charmingly strange said...

I started to say that it looks good to me but had to stop because it doesn’t look good, just accurate.

Thanks for including our classmates in the Vandy’s Kids Memorial.

Purple Tabby said...

Up/down -- we miss ALL of Vandy's Kids, whatever year they graduated. Thanks for adding those we didn't know about

Anonymous said...

PT - I'm feelin' the same way...too much sadness this past week. I need a trip to TJ Maxx or an Antique trip....possibly both!

Love,
Bo