Saturday, September 22, 2007

Our 60's, The Korean version

I had written earlier about what turning 60 in Japanese meant and tonight I saw a program about the same, only in Korean. I hope you enjoy it.

The did a segment on each decade.

They said we have to prepare to live to 100 now. We have to be a Natural Person with wide acquittances. We have to prevent depression, because our 60's are when we lose so much of value to us.
We have to prevent isolation and live energentically.
If we lie down, it is over.
We need to do 30 minutes a day of muscle training so we may walk stronger.
We need to get lots of sun. To walk around alot, this is called Mandangbal or wide feet. This is good.

From what I can tell from reading the blog and hearing from classmates, I think we are on the right tract for 100. I think we have wide acquittances, indeed.

2 comments:

Greybeard said...

Thanks for this, GH.
It comes on the heels of something happening to me that was simple yet complex... a problem greater for our generation than those before...

You referred to "acquaintances"-
A Doctor (MD) owns the hangar near ours. When I saw him last week I didn't recognize him. He had lost 120 pounds. Since he was smiling I complimented him on his loss when I asked how he had done it.
"I just quit eating."

He then said the "simple but complex" thing to me:
"I finally realized none of my obese patients were living beyond age 65. I want to live longer than 65!"

You're right... we can live to be 100,
but only if we take proper care of the machinery.
Diet and exercise folks...
The Koreans have got it right.

Anonymous said...

GH & GB my doctor seconds your thoughts. My last visit this month he encouraged me to walk 1 1/2 miles every day. Diets come and go but the one thing you hear over and over is to walk every day, eat right, and drink lots of water. Mrs. Hawk