Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Gotta Share-

We're like, what... 4500 miles away from home here, right?
I have two first cousins living on Oahu, one female, one male.
I called the female and let her know we would be in her neighborhood and would like to meet for dinner and a visit.
The male... well, let's just say he has "issues". I like him, so long as I don't have to be around him. I intentionally didn't call him, 'cause I like him so much more when we aren't face to face.

Can you guess where this is headed?
Yesterday we crossed Oahu on the road that goes North out of Honolulu, then when the ocean stopped us from proceeding North any farther we turned East along the beaches. We stopped at the Waimea Valley Audubon Center to get a bite to eat and maybe walk back to a waterfall there.
Guess who I came face to face with!
What are the odds?
I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geeeze GB, love that story. Does it make you think that "someone else" may be more in charge of which cousin you will see than you?

Love,
Bo

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Hawkeye here..

That is an amazing story. We visited the Waimea Valley. It is off the beaten path! Did you see the waterfall? Did you buy the lottery ticket? I think bo was right...you were to see this cousin!