Friday, November 09, 2007

Larry Fahy, 1945-2007

TD forwarded this via email.
So sad to come home to this news:


Larry Fahy 62, of New Whiteland, passed away November 6, 2007. Larry was born March 11, 1945 to Vincent Fahy and Rosemary Padgett. Larry was preceded in death by his father, Vincent Fahy. Larry is survived by his mother, Rosemary (Padgett) Fahy; wife, Louise Fahy; sons, Jeff, Travis and Tracy (Lori) Fahy; daughters, Amy Fahy; brothers, Tim Fahy and Steve Fahy; sisters, Janet Jameson, Kathy (Dave) Bohr, Erin (Rick) Knight, and one grandchild. Visitation will be November 9, 2007 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at Forest Lawn Funeral Home, 1977 South State Road 135, Greenwood, IN 46143. Service will be November 9, 2007 at 12:00 pm at the funeral home. Memorial Contributions to the American Heart Association. www.forestlawncemetery- fh.com

I've added Larry to our memorial, and placed him in the class of '63. I'm still bleary-eyed from lack of sleep so help me...
that's right, isn't it?

I have fond memories of Larry... never abusive, always with a smile on his face. He, Kathy, twins Steve and Tim frequently stopped by the Frostop while I worked there.

Our hearts are with Larry's family.

5 comments:

the golden horse said...

This was some very sad news for me. We used to double date with him and he hung out at my house while I was still in school, until he left for the Marines. Then we wrote the whole time.
My thoughts and prayers are with the whole family as Kathy was always a dear friend also.

Anonymous said...

I'm with GH, this is sad news. Larry was such a great guy. Kathy and the other boys are in my thoughts these days. I know they are heart broken to lose their brother.

Do any of you remember parties at the Fahy's on snow days?

Bo

Anonymous said...

Fly Girl
So sad to hear about Larry's passing. I have many fond memories of him,especially in his white shirt at the basket ball games. He was always heading up the "Guys Booster Club". Great Guy!
I can see Kathy's freckle face...all smiles! She was a very nice gal and we had lots of laughs. Sure is sad news.

Kate said...

You all have me at a disadvantage because I don't know who any of you are by your blog names. My sister, Erin, sent me this website after Louise showed it to her.

Yes, we are heart broken. It was all so sudden which is the way Larry always said he wanted to go. I feel he is still being the big brother he always was; watching over us all.

I don't remember it having to be a snow day for a party at our house. It just seemed to be the place to go and Mom was always willing to let us. By the way, I still have freckles! I will sign off by the name Larry always called me. Kate

the golden horse said...

Kate,

It's Suzan here, and my heart is with you and the family.
Your family was always so special to me.
I thank the Good Lord, that I have so many wonderful memories of you all, and of course, Louise.
Indeed, your house was a fun house always. The door was always open.
Please don't be a stranger and come back to the blog often and share your experiences.