Thursday, February 21, 2008

Greetings. Wish You Were Here!

We're safely here.

I'm listening to my talk-radio station from home, streaming live
on the 'net, and they're talking about Sleet/Ice/Snow at home.
Sara Jean's best friend is headed home after a half-day's work because the roads are so terrible.

Looks like we picked a good week to come to Arizona.

If you've read the comments below, you know Carol and Tracy are also in town here. Turns out we may be separated here in the Phoenix metropolitan area by only ten miles or so. I had hoped we might meet for lunch at one of my favorite Mexican eateries, but Carol is dealing with vomitus emissions from one of her young charges and can't make it today. I'm disappointed, but we'll attempt another connection after we get back from Las Vegas.

I had hoped my mention of the DDFF would elicit a few comments from those of you with hopes of attending so we can begin to get a feel for what sort of group will be there this year. To TC and others with questions, click this link for further information. As previously stated, Units 1-10 are in the front of the complex and all have a view of the Gulf of Mexico. Again the dates, 11 through 18 May.
I can answer general questions, so feel free to email or comment here if I can help. For questions about availability or costs, check the link or call the toll-free number for help. And TD, the minimum allowable stay is three nights, but I hope you're not thinkin' along those lines!


And now I'll throw this open to you... Open forum time.
Time to unload your thoughts. Comment!

2 comments:

TwoDogs said...

GB and TC, I have scheduled time off from work for the duration. We are planning on being in Destin from the 11th. or 12th at least thru Friday/Saturday 16th/17th. Probably min. of 5/6 nights. No info on any others at this time. As always, looking forward to the visit.

Hawkeye said...

May is a bad time of the year for us. I have been reserving that month for years to be at the 500 track.It sounds like a fun time and I do enjoy the pictures and stories.