Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dateline, Mesa Arizona, '08



That's Carol, Jack, and Greybeard in the parking lot outside "Chevy's" mexican restaurant in Mesa Arizona a couple weeks ago. Not yet Spring, the weather was pretty much as shown... nearly perfect. Similar to Carol's experience, we got on the jet at Phoenix with an outside temp. of 84, and arrived home facing 28 degrees F. and winds blowing 15 miles per hour. We wanted to turn around immediately. It's easy to see why so many Winter out there. Summers are impossible though... we saw 123 degrees on Big Bubba's car thermometer when we were there in July! Don't give me this "But it's a dry heat!" crap... 123 is miserable by anyone's standard, and in fact is deadly if you're not gettin' enough fluids!

Now, new business...
TwoDogs emails with news the CGHS Alumni Banquet
will be held 26 April this year. I'd like to reiterate how much I enjoy these banquets...
Good food, good entertainment, and they are a wonderful time to meet folks from classes just ahead and just behind ours. Go take a look
at this list. Lots of names of people we all loved when we were young there, and we'll inevitably be adding to that list as time passes. The banquet makes it easy to get together so we can look back and say, "Didn't we have fun the last time we met!?"

UD&CS, Asoka, and those of you from other classes stopping in here to have a look...
PLEASE make note at your blogs and in your emails to classmates of the banquet. Let's all get face-to-face on 26 April!

I promise to be on my best behavior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey GB don't make promises you may not keep. HAHA. On your best behavior?? Just be your (normal?) self and it sounds like more fun.

Haven't heard from you since your trip to Vegas so I guess that means I didn't win on the slots. Oh well, seems nothing has changed in that area. Was suppose to go out a donate in April for a company convention but plans have changed and not going to make it this year. Thanks for all the great pictures and info from your trip.
Echo

Anonymous said...

GB thanks for all of the pictures and travel updates. I haven't looked at all of the pictures yet but those I have viewed are great. Also, thanks to GB and TD for the heads up on the CG banquet. I knew it had been changed to April, but I had in mind that it was the first Saturday in April ....... I for sure would have had my choice of seats had I attended as planned ....... I really enjoyed it last year and saw some fellows that I used to play ball against at the old Valley Community Center. Hadn't seen them for ?? years, well since we last played ball there. Of course Mr. L was there too as well as some other classmates. Hope to see a bunch there this year. Best to all. dj