Thursday, May 22, 2008

2008 DDFF

The 2008 DDFF is a memory. I think attendees would all agree, it's a great memory.
Once again, yours truly has proven to have the highest-mileage, least used camera in the nation. I took a few pictures, but not nearly as many as I should have.
Here are a few:

Again this year, Kenny D's was a magnet at mealtime. Ms. Gracie's Blackened Mahi-mahi, Shrimp, and Red Beans and rice with Andouille sausage make the two block walk to Kenny D's worthwhile. The ultra-casual atmosphere makes visiting easy. (But unfortunately Carrie-Anne, FlyGirl's scourge, was notably absent during our stopovers there.) This is the scene from the back corner of the cafe.


Lots of smiles to be had while catching up with one-another.


TC looks confused...
Just what is Sharon talking about?


Tracy... just bein' cool.



Sara Jean and Cinders at the Gazebo after dinner.
The sun was just setting and I was hopeful you could see the surf breaking behind them, but the flash wiped out the background. Too bad.


We had almost perfect weather again this year. Mother Nature complied one day with a little rain and cloudy skies, making shopping without beach-regret possible. Most mornings found Harry and TC scouting for good fishing spots for next year's DDFF. Isn't that a nice way of putting it guys? (Mostly they found places we shouldn't waste our time visiting... no fish!)

The absence of FlyGirl and Hoosier Boy was palpable. We missed you guys! But still, we increased our numbers from 8 last year to 10 this year. Plans for Trojans in Alaska and it's proximity to May and the DDFF 2009 are making us consider our options for next year, so we'd like to hear your thoughts along those lines. But as Carol indicated,
I think all would agree...

this gathering was relaxing and fun. If you can make it next year, let us know so we can start making plans.

3 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Another great mini. Yes, we did miss Fly and Cappy. Hope they are able to make Islamorada in a week or so. I am going to miss the dolphin fishing and will miss flip night as well. What a great time in Destin, though. GB, really enjoyed your Mother and little sis. Sara Jean, Great peanut butter cookies and what a great breakfast sandwich.

Anonymous said...

David thanks for all that you do. I'm not a real beach person but I look forward to this trip. I love to fish Terry learned I'm not very good. The camera well at least you have one. Carol and I had a great time. Kenny D's is a place we go when none of you are down. We laugh about the things we did. Just for the record I would do the 42 years again.
Harry

Anonymous said...

Harry and Carol. Congratulations on a wonderful mile stone. Sure wish Shifty and I could have been there to celebrate with you. The pictures are great. Isn't it amazing that everyone (looks the same) after all these years. Well sort of. I still say I still have the same thing I had in high school - it is just in a different place than it use to be.

Hopefully, Shifty and I can make it next year to enjoy with you all. Shifty is working seven days a week - 14 hours a day right now so our time is pretty limited. We did get to go to the race this year (for the first time for both of us. But then he had to work yesterday on the holiday. Sure put the whammy on my honey do list I had planned. Shifty said that he only had two things yet to do. One was go to a 500 race (lived in Indy all these years and neither one of us had ever been.) Secondly, he wants to go to the Kentucky Derby. As you know he is from Ky and he has never been.

S-O-O-o he has now gone to the 500.
I am afraid to get him to the derby. If there was only (2) things left he really wanted to do and one out of the way - afraid he may croke on me if I get him to the derby. haha. Anyway guys, glad you all had a great time.

Echo