Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Original Dream Girls

I think "When The Lovelight Starts" was the first of a ton of Supremes hits.
Be honest now...
Didn't you know all the words to most of The Supremes songs?
I did.... and still do. I have their "Greatest Hits" album and play it all the time.

How many TV skits have you seen of girls lip-synching to
"Stop, In the Name of Love!"
Cracks me up.

I had a crush on Mary Wilson and had a poster of The Supremes on my wall for a while.

Lots of Chick groups were popular during that time...
The Chiffons, The Shirelles, Martha and The Vandellas, and many more.
In my opinion, none compared to Mary, Diana, and Flo.
Wanta argue?
The forum is open. Click "comments"!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Shangri Las 'Leader of the pack' and 'Remember, walkin' in the sand'. Too Hot!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

FLY here - Oooooh, Baby Love, My Baby Love! These "girls" were the absolute BEST! And, yes I knew all the words and still remember them! Too bad that there's not a radio station down my way that plays their songs. Guess, I'm just too old. Today, the 80's are the oldies...ha!

And their countpart...ta da: The Temptations! Oh yeah, Sugar Pie Honey Bunch! Now, that was real skate boarding music! Right down the little hill to Mrs. Cornelius's house in Bo-Mar!!

Ahhhh, those were the days, Archie!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! There were some VandyGirls who did some wonderful "Baby Love" skits.....the stereo was turned up loud and the little house shook I'm sure!! Their songs bring back the dances and fun at Scott Hall in Franklin.

Bo

Anonymous said...

Awfully quiet out there.

Anonymous said...

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz....