Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 !

Here we are...
The beginning of a new year and a new decade.
There's a lot of uncertainty around, but we all know that can lead to opportunity for those that are willing to take the risk and step through that "open door".

I just got back from helping my son move to L.A..
While there I got a call from Carol... she and Tracy were on their way home from Arizona. Bo just wrote to say Clint is driving to Mesa, AZ this week, and that she and her Mom will be headed that way by air. Safe travels to all!


For me, and for at least one other person we all know, 2009 has been unsettled because of workplace changes. Those changes continue for me, producing stress and nudging me toward retirement. I'm now fearful of the economy and the possibility of having to live on a fixed income, so I'm trying to hang on at work until the future is more clear.

Uncertain times are troubling.
It's nice to have friends that have become almost family when stress surrounds you.
Thanks everyone for your caring and concern.
Here's hoping the future is bright for us all!

Now, look into your crystal ball and tell us what you see.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crystal Ball says it will be COLD here in Indiana tonight and tomorrow!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

DJ

Greybeard said...

Sunny with a chance of blueberries, DJ!
We found an absolutely scrumptious (from scratch) waffle recipe to use in my new belgian waffle maker... they rise as they cook and actually pop the maker apart. Blueberries on top make it smack-your-grandma good!

Anonymous said...

Well it's Monday 1/04/10 and would you believe the crystal ball was correct . . . . . high temp today 20 low tonight 9 degrees and forecast calls for temps to be about the same until it warms up on Sunday, forecast calls for a high of 25 but with a low Sunday night of 5. Probably much warmer than this in sunny southern Illinois. . . . keep that comfort food close by.

dj

Anonymous said...

I keep comfort food close by no matter what the weather!!

Ferdy

Top Cat said...

Wish I knew what the crystal ball says but I don't have a clue anymore. Everyone says the economy getting better but I sure don't see it. All my customers still hurting Whirlpool in Evansville and Hon in Owensboro both shutting there doors in March. About 1,500 people losing their jobs. We just shut three machines down and switching business to other plants to run for us. Got rid of 15 people. I'm like TD would like to work until Jan. 2012 then they can have it. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and hope we all have a great 2010.I'm leaving Thursday for Texas to do some hunting. Can't wait but its even cold down there. Will be in the 40's day and 20's at night. See you all in April hopefully it will be warmer then.

Anonymous said...

Ferdy, The nice thing is that it's ALL comfort food.

Hey TC, If I recall, 40 is a pretty COLD 40 when the wind blows in Texas ...... and forget the 20 stuff. Where in Texas are you going, West / Southwest?

dj

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew who open the Frig. It is even cold in Fl. 23 last night and 45 today I froze.

TC it is going to be warm in April. Good Luck in Tx. Alabama was windy and cold last weekend. Our deer are starting to rut it is going to get good.

My friend Chad leaves Thursday for the big O. He is fishing the FLW. Hope he dose good.

TC is right around here the money is tight and people are hurting.
H&C

the golden horse said...

Is this a bad time to say it is sunny and about 80 degrees here?
As for the comfort food Ferdy, I am like you, it is all good.
I recently found Hershey's Bliss candies, the creme de menthe meltaway center flavor and have found they make all the bad go away.
Happy New Year to all of you.

Top Cat said...

DJ I'm going to be in Northeast Texas. Across Texarkana. Going to Lufkin and Diboll. HF I'm going to have to set up next year and come down and go deer hunting with you. Would be a ball.

Anonymous said...

TC we will have to make some plans in April for that. We still hunt but I know some guys that run dogs. I always feel like I spent all the hunting time looking for lost dogs. They now use tracking collars now. H