Friday, December 10, 2010

Good Pain/Friday Open Forum

When I first met her she spelled her name Elaine.
Sometime during the following year she decided it might be more sophisticated to spell her name Elayne.
I didn't care. She made me laugh.
Hard.

There was never any real romance there. Oh, we kissed a lot, but that's as far as it ever went.
We thought alike and had similar senses of humor. One of us would get started on some crazy topic and the other would add fuel to the fire. Soon we were both giggling and doubling over in spasms.
At the end of the evening I'd give her a goodnight kiss and head for home. For the next few hours my cheekbones would remind me of what fun we had... they'd ache from smiling so much.

I haven't felt like that in a long, LONG time.
Elaine/Elayne, where are you?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeelaaaine! Are you Benjaman? Mrs. Robinson is wanting to talk with you.

Bo

Hawkeye said...

Not tall ?

Greybeard said...

Are you fishin' Hawk?
Hint-
Not blonde.

Hawkeye said...

Yes, I thought she had a red headed brother.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember her! Played ball every now and then at the valley

dj

Greybeard said...

Ahh, I missed the subtlety there Hawk! Yes, not tall!
And you're right... her brother was a redhead, (as was her Mother). Her brother is listed on our memorial page.

Anonymous said...

I know, I know......

Anonymous said...

Is it me? PT

Anonymous said...

I was right? Her brothers name began with an ( ) and her last name began with an (19th letter of ABC's)? And don't ask me why HER name came to mind, but she was cute.

dj

Greybeard said...

Spot on DJ.
Cute. And a hoot.