Saturday, February 19, 2011

This Small World

Over at my blog, a guy responded to my post about the visit Cinders, TwoDogs, Sara Jean and I paid to Ft. Knox, KY last year.
His message was, "I too went to Officer Candidate School at Fort Knox and have compiled a great deal of information about the OC Brigade while it was active there."

He asked if I was interested in adding my name to the growing list of former candidates sharing information about the 4,203 Officer Candidates that passed through the school during its existence. I answered in the affirmative.

"Doug" has since sent me four or five emails, including one that has the roster of class 28-67...
The class I attended. Of course, reading those names brought a flood of memories.
Eighty-six of the 127 Officer Candidates that started that class graduated and pinned on their "Butter Bars" on 13 October 1967.

Two of those men were killed in Viet Nam.
One of those received the Medal of Honor for his incredible bravery in attempting to save men under his command.

I'm amazed at how computers are continually shrinking the size of this big 'ol world.
But you have to stick your toe in the water that is the internet in order for others to find you and share things of interest with you.

Where's your toe?
Stick it in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my toes are ugly.

Bo

Anonymous said...

Toes and fingers have sunken to the bottom.

Carol