Friday, February 10, 2006

Going to see the Principal

Two Dogs has offered to take Ferdy and me to see Vandy this Spring. I can’t wait! This may be the first time in recorded history that kids are excited about going to see the Principal!

Would anyone else like to go? I think we should tell him before hand so we don’t scare him into another heart attack. Maybe we can take him out for a meal? Or maybe an ice cream? We will have to see how he is doing but I think he might enjoy getting out.

FF and I are making blankets that we hope he can use -- a lap blanket and a nap blanket. We hope to embellish the blankets with CGHS art work and label them from Vandy’s Kids.

Another thing I would like to do but I don’t think I will have time before April, is make a quilted wall hanging that incorporates either CG HS art and/or word sections -- things he used to say. I need LOTS of help on this one though.

The only Vandy-ism I can remember is “Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeople!” always said with some exasperation. Does anyone remember others?

When it’s done I will email photos of it to everyone and then mail the wall hanging to him from all of us.

Another thought is to take him small tokens of things that have meaning to us or things from our travels through life. This may be tricky but it’s just a thought.

For instance, I thought I might take him a military coin, or one of the Tigris River rocks from my collection. We could put all these things in a velvet bag and he could take them out every now and then.

I'm thinking that photos of kids, grandkids, awards, professional symbols, photos of your business, something from favorite hobbies, a pineapple from Hawaii ???? ;)

I dunno, what do y’all think?

5 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Three licks or Three days. Of course, I never heard him say those words - but, I heard that he did. Ask T.T. about our 13th birthday.... Tools, are you listening??? Remember our encounter with Vandy that day?

Greybeard said...

The thing I remember is the finish of the phrase:
"Peeeeeeple.......Do I have to be a policeman?"

Purple Tabby said...

AH HA! I could never remember the last part!! LOL Thanks Greybeard!

the golden horse said...

Well, the way he always paced back and forth at assembly right before he chewed our butts was always pretty impressive to me. Hands on hips and jacket flying out behind, rubbing his head. But since I was the perfect student, I was never called in for a "visit", yea, if you belive that.
I think I was more scared of "Woodie." When he whistled in the halls and silence fell and he yelled "hey you, here now" that was it for me. The trembling began, but we were very young back then and I was really a small kid.
But you are right, the "people do I hafta be a cop" was a classic.
TD......

Did you really have an encounter that young? Must have been the influence of TT,. uh??

Purple Tabby said...

A couple of questions re: our next get together
1 - would a week day or weekend better?
2 - would the first week in May work better for anyone?
3 - would meeting in Brown County or near B'ville/Banta be better?

I feel like that kid on the Disney commercial,,,, I'm too excited to sleep!