Sunday, March 26, 2006

Do You Remember Nickel Cokes?

SUNDAY!
Sunday, at Indianapolis Raceway Park......
The Little.......Red...........Wagon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Mom!
Oh Mom!
Here comes the Omar Man!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hedges,
Hedges Pontiac......
Hedges Pontiac.
Dollar for dollar, you can't beat Pontiac,
And deal for deal you can't beat Hedges!
(819 East Washington Street)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The whole town's talkin' about the J-Boy,
The J-Boy,
at Jerry's!
The whole town's talkin' about the J-Boy,
at all Jerry's Restaurants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poll Parrott,
Poll Parrott,
they're the shoes you wanta buy!
They make your feet run faster,
As fast as I can fly!
(As fast as you can fly?)
Yessiree, let's try!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weidemann's, Weidemann's Beer.....
Satisfies a thirst, monumental and sincere!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Winston, Winston, tastes real good,
Rich and full like a cigarette should!
Flavor that's rich and full and true.....
try a pack of Winston's!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gotta get newwwwww seat covers!
Gotta get newwwwww seat covers!
To give your car "that new look"!
Seat Cover Charlie's!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where did you get that hat,
Oh, you lucky fellow?
At Levinson's, Levinson's, Levinson's, Levinson's...
Yes sir!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be young and fair
and debonair,
be sociable...
have a Pepsi!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry Alderman!
Jerry Alderman!
Jerry Alderman,
55-Hundred North Keystone.....
Jerry Alderman Ford!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry to say this junk runs through my head more often than I would like to admit.....
Bouncin' Bill Baker and mornings on WIBC, where I heard most of this stuff, ruined me for life!

Do you remember the jingles to some of these ditties?
We'll attempt to sing them together on 29 April.....
(Dogs will howl and cats will seek shelter beneath the sofa!)

How 'bout you.....
remember any to share?

11 comments:

the golden horse said...

Yep, remember them all, don't forget the Maplehurst milkman also.
Remember Bob Baker Chevrolet, him smiling with those big white teeth. Well, when we moved to San Diego, the first ad on tv we saw was...you guessed it, smiling Bob Baker.. owned a whole fleet of dealerships there.

Greybeard said...

Bob Baker Chevrolet....
"Where it's so nice to be nice!"
(Skin crawl time.)

Bosco!
I couldn't remember more than the first line of the jingle:
I love Bosco, It's the drink for me!

And the Noxzema commercial with the Scandinavian blonde:
Take it off!
Take it ALL off!
(Done to David Rose's "The Stripper".)

Flygirl said...

Great old ads!

Weidemann's Beer was the sponser of "Divorce Court"!! My dad always watched that TV show...it figures!

And good old WIBC.In the late 60's & 70's, wasn't there a DJ by the name of Porter...something or the other. He was a very, hip rock & roll kind of guy...wasn't he after Bouncin' Bill Baker?

I sort of remember my first husband (a member of Pleasant Street Band) being friendly with this guy and he used to come out to the clubs to hear them play.

Any memories out there??

Flygirl said...

Just remembered others:

Chesty Potato Chips! I think that they sponsered "Cowboy Bob" on channel 4!!! OMG

And later, but the MOST ANNOYING:

Noooooo Body can sell lower than....somebody? Buicks...Help needed on this one!

Greybeard said...

Fly....
Reb Porter?

I'm goin' out on a limb before I check the web, but I think Reb was a WIFE guy.

Now to go look and see if I've made a complete fool of myself!

Greybeard said...

Dueling comments!

Nobody sells lower than The King!
The King don't care!
Able Auto sales!

Greybeard said...

Found it....

Reb Porter DJ'ed for both stations.
Apparently he is now the announcer for the Pacers.

I thought of Chesty Potato Chips. Couldn't remember an advertising jingle for them, though.

GH mentioned Golden Guernsey milk, too. It was a wonderful Central Indiana product, but I couldn't recall a tune there either.

Chocola?
Double Cola?

Hep me somebody!

the golden horse said...

Oh, yeah, Cowboy Bob, one of my all time favorites, I used to rock our babygirl to sleep and watch him at the same time. Don't forget his horse Windjammer and his dog Tumbleweeds. Best cartoons going.
Was the Buick guy, something like Bob Alderman??
And there was Club 4 on TV where we could go up to channel four on Friday nights and dance on TV. Did that a few times.
Why does the Plesant Street Band ring a bell?? Where did I see them?
Another favorite was Fago Red Pop.
I absolutely lived part of my life at Walden's Drug Store, flirting with Gary Pearcy and Kurt W.
Harry used to work there also. Best cherry root beers going.

Flygirl said...

Reb Porter...Yes!!! Thank you! He's gotta be older than dirt...and he's still working on the radio? I love that! Good for him!

My father worked for Golden Guernsey Dairy when I was born! The family who owned it was the Grabel's. That farm is now a housing development in Southport...sad but true. I can't remember any jingle for their products either. They probably didn't have any...just milk truck routes!

I loved the old mild trucks that delivered to your door. I wish that I had our old tin milk box!!! I can remember my mom filling out the order slip for the next week and leaving it in the box.

Did you know that Linda Barks dad had a milk truck route in the summers? Yes, he did!

Remember Double Cola too and Nehi drinks. This takes me straight to: RC Cola and Moon Pies! Anybody who lived in or around B'ville should remember these two staples of our youth.

I might be able to remember the Chesty slogan. I can see that little, red-headed, kid with his striped tee shirt and his chest stuck out...maybe thumbs under his suspenders???? This will drive me crazy!!!
Such fun memories... more, more, more.

Anonymous said...

Does any one remember
Nobody, but... Nobody
Can sell you a BETTER new or used car like (?)

I cant remember the rest...
HELP finish this one

I was just checkin out the
VANDYS KIDS BLOGS.
That is because my Brother-In-Law (TWO DOGS) is one of them kids.
I say that Proudly!
HE IS THE BEST!
Well, I was really hoping to see some PICS of way back when...
"We didnt have contacts"
LOL!
Does any one have some of those kind of pics to post?
I guess it help us all be greatful that time does not stand still or go in reverse.
Great Blogging! (~;)=

Anonymous said...

Flygirl, my grandfather worked for Golden Guernsey! I don't remember any jingles, just great dairy products straight to our milkbox. ("Our what?" the younger generation would surely ask!) Alas, all I have left it of that is a keychain.

As to Bob Who? you are referring to the incomparable Bob "Nooooooooooobody" Catterson of Catterson Buick. My friend Sherrel was best friends with his daughter Nancy.

Leolioness, I don't remember the Teepee ads, but hope that someone will. Many, many of my friends endured working there as teenagers! And would most people believe Dave's career was launched as a popular weatherman?

Ciao, folks!

Galoux

P.S. I have Cowboy Bob's pic (w. Windjammer and Tumbleweed), signed, around here somewhere. He was handing them out in the long-gone sauna of the former Poplars hotel in about 1972.