Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mr. Sloop

Thinking of the planned get-together in October, what are your thoughts on gently roasting O.J.? A few silly gifts, a few more silly stories etc?

I don't know ANY funny O.J. stories. My only contact with him in HS was in Algebra class and to this day seeing him makes my stomach churn, I break out in a sweat and begin to look for a way out of the room! I was not good at algebra and would rather have a root canal rather than remember the time I spent in that class. It wasn't his fault; I just hated algebra.

However, I'm sure others have fond memories of him and silly things that happened while he was coaching or teaching. I'm sure my uncles have a few stories, hopefully GP rated. They all played basketball together at Union so surely there are a few stories we can use to roast him.

What are your thoughts?

8 comments:

BoMarGirl said...

PT, Your uncles may remember that O.J. was a "mascot" for the Union Ramblers when he was a little boy. I also know that he is VERY afraid of birds. Right now that's all I can come up with...but I work on more.

BoMarGirl said...

O.K., PT, Here is a dab more info on the "mascot". O.J. was about 5 or 6 years old; he wore Union uniform (blue with gold trim). His dad, O.J.,Sr. was the coach and they won the County Tournament in 1932.

Purple Tabby said...

Very cool, BO! This is a great start. Hmmmm I wonder what FlyGirl can do with this?

My Mother said she couldn't remember any silly stories about him but she would make some up if needed.

BoMarGirl said...

Fly's VERY creative, so it will be good! I'll try to talk with some CG faculty and see if they can come up with somthing.

Purple Tabby said...

BO, while you have CG faculty cornered, ask them if they know why Mr. Bolton was called "Doc".

Just a little Trojan Trivia to make their day!

Also ask them if they remember a teacher having problems teaching "Mask of the Red Death" (about 1960ish)in English Lit. I always wondered what the outcome of that was.

Hawkeye said...

Hotlips, Mrs. Hawkeye, plays golf with Mrs.O.J. & Mrs. C. I sure she could find a few things out.

Purple Tabby said...

OMG!!! I forgot about Hotlips being a golf buddy of Mrs. OJ. How wonderful!!! You can get all kinds of great stories.

I'll let BMG tell you what we know so far and what we are planning. She want's to surprise OJ and I think that is definitely in the cards!

Flygirl said...

Hey, I'mmmmmmm Back! "REDRUM"
Back in Resort Prison from the TN Mts. What a change of scenery and folks!
October O.J. Roast sounds like a fun project for us. I hope that I can make it!
I'll start thinking about October Fest and the Roast....ummmm???
I leave on Friday for the Keys. I'll be gone for 2 weeks but will not shut off my brain...so keep the tidbits coming!
I also need Mrs. OJ's email address. I promised to send her a really good pic from the Mini-Re. I kept expecting DF's email list...help!
I'm also putting all the acceptable pics from the Mini on CD's for anyone that wants a copy...let me know.
I can't remember any tidbits about OJ. I didn't even know that he taught Algebra but his stint as the Union Mascot...well that's just way too funny. I do have fond memories of him. I can't remember any other teacher that was a kind as he was. And he was always so "happy" all of the time. Amazing!