Thursday, May 18, 2006

Vandy's Kids

Vandy's Kids

just wanted to share i have been talking with william legan, teacher from cg elem and i believe middle school. mr legan rode to school with teacher reece stewart while at cg. mr legan left cg for franklin schools due to being closer to work. re-married and doing well.

125 or so have purchased tickets to alumni, seems to be slowing dying. i am one of the babies of the attendees, we have good time and share old memories while enjoying a little program and entertainment.

dvd will be shown at banquet highlighting WRT and CGS photos from years past. jiffy whip, meridian drive inn and aunt molly. who remembers aunt molly dresslar? i would guess you would be near 70 + if you remember her. i will loan JT the copy to show at your next gathering, dvd about 20 minutes and professionally done.
keep the faith hatchet

7 comments:

Purple Tabby said...

Interesting that you should mention Mr. Stewart, Hatchet. Whatever happened to him?

Greybeard said...

We were Mr. Legan's first
Co-Ed class, Hatchet.

He was a great teacher.....one of my favorites!

Tell him "his Catcher" says HELLO!

the golden horse said...

For some reason, I am thinking several years ago, Mr. Stewart had a heart attack and passed away. I had him in the 5th grade.
Can anyone clarify this?

BoMarGirl said...

You have a tremendous memory GH! I had forgotten that Mr. Stewart passed away until you mentioned it.

Purple Tabby said...

Hatchet, did Molly Dressler live up on the hill (on 144 near 135) in Bargersville? I think a family named Dressler lived there.

One of the daughters had short reddish hair and freckles. She sang (extremely well) at our church. But I can't remember her name.

Another of the Dressler girls had long blonde hair and was a Senior when I was in the first grade. I thought she was a princess!! I mean I REALLY thought that!

She was at school the day we got our pre-school shots and she was the ONLY reason I didn't cry.

She was such a nice person but I think it was her hair, in a perfect roll across her shoulders, had me mesmerized.

the golden horse said...

PT
I know some Dresslers lived in that house, because Jimmy Dressler lived there for years. The lady that Jimmy was with was the mother of my brother's wife back in the 80's. The name excapes me at this writing, but will most likely come to me about 2 in the morning.

Purple Tabby said...

Sandy! She was the "Princess".
I think Amy was one of Jimmy's kids,,, I babysat for them once. She was a gorgeous little girl.