Friday, August 18, 2006

On The Back Burner....

Vandy's Kids are working behind the scene to plan upcoming events. The only event that is nailed down at this point is October at Indy Echo's. Please folks, review these possible plans and comment, so we can please the maximum number of people.
The list is by no means conclusive, so please add to or amend it as necessary:

October 21, 2006
Mini reunion at Indy Echo's house in Edinburgh. For planning purposes, please let IE know ASAP if you're gonna attend.


May 2007?
2nd Annual Grand Galveston Fishing Fiasco!
There was much talk about a co-ed affair, maybe a competition between the sexes next year. Should we Charter a boat large enough to handle all of us, or maybe one boat for the Queens, one for the Drones?

November 2007?
1st Annual Aloha Hawaii Trojan Invasion. We wanted to throw this out, knowing it will take considerable planning and financial adjustments. We're looking at several activities:
A better tour of Pearl Harbor than the public receives,
A day spent coasting down a volcano on bicycles,
Walking (rafting?) through lava tubes.
GH sent me a ton of material to review, and I'm still looking it over. If you've been to Hawaii and did something you truly enjoyed, please share some ideas here.

Most of you have read comments here indicating how wonderful our fellowship has been during these "Mini" reunions. It's hard to relate the emotions we've felt. You need to come!
I hope you'll use this information to begin planning to attend as many of these events as possible!

5 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Oct 21 - Not sure yet - still trying to figure out if I'll be available. I am working on it, though. Should know in a week or so. I'll let IE know something soon..

We are planning on a 2nd AGGFF trip in May. Cinders want to see some of that Great Galveston sun and visit. I want to visit and fish. So..for us - 1 at the pool and 1 on the boat. I vote for one co-ed boat. Has anyone heard from Tools?

1st. AAHTI Nov. '07 - Again, we are planning on this visit. Count on 2 from TwoDogs... If we can set a start date and if the planes still fly, we'll be there...

BoMarGirl said...

Posted my regrets at "October What" just before your post yesterday PT. I sent IE a note as well. If I can take the sun would love to be part of the fishing competition in May 2007. If I don't fish I'll cheer from the beach! Max and I are wanting to go on the 1st AAHTI so count us on that please.

Again, so sorry I won't see you all in Oct.

Greybeard said...

The Rose and the Weed: Mr. and Mrs. Greybeard will be in attendance Oct 21. If it is half as heartwarming as was Nashville, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

We're also planning on being in Galveston in May. I also like the idea of one bigger boat.
I've emailed Mr. and Mrs. Tools twice with no response. He's obviously very busy.

For Hawaii, GH is checking out housing large enough for our entire party. Obviously, it's too early to get an accurate headcount, but she has located places that would accomodate different sized groups, and I think one of them has a view of water. Does a Margarita or Daiquiri overlooking the water, in the company of classmates sound good to you? It sure does to me!

And an afterthought...... I labelled the Hawaii trip as "annual". That may not be apt, as I think we should pursue our previous track: Alaska, Jamaica, Colorado? The sky's the limit!

Indy Echo said...

AGGFF sounds like fun. Would like more information about this. Shifty and I love fishing. Have a boat but never seem to find the time to get out on it. Shifty works 6 days a week year round and if anyone deserves a break he does. Even if I can't mae it I would love for him to. I want to thank all you guys for making him feel like part of the clan. He really enjoys all of you and being part of everything. Can you fill us in on some of the details. Like where is the trip located, how long is the trip, cost etc?

Greybeard said...

IE......
Nothing firm yet. Having not heard a peep from Tools since 1958, we don't even know for sure we are going to hold the GGFF in Galveston this year!
We may hold it in Gulfport!

Shifty is an honorary Trojan and is welcome anywhere, anytime.
We'll keep ya posted.