Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Nellie Update:

Thanks again to those of you that wrote kind words for me and my family concerning my Mom.
We spent Friday with her at the hospital in Pensacola. In good spirits, she was still tired and a little weak from her experience. They worried she was losing blood somehow, and had given her a unit of blood. There was some question she might have had a silent heart attack.
Mommanurse has been guiding much exploration to find the problem, but so far they have turned up nothing........ good news and bad, 'cause we were hoping they'd find a problem and fix it!

Mom is now in a rehab facility. She has been borderline diabetic for years. Now she is gonna have to start taking insulin shots in order to control her blood sugar. At the rehab facility they are giving her diet and exercise tips, and will teach her how to properly administer her shots..... dosage and technique. She should be released from that facility soon...... maybe even before we finish our vacation here, which would be wonderful, because we could help get her settled back in her apartment with her beloved cat!

She comes here to VK to stay current on our posts and comments. If you knew Mom, I know she'd be overjoyed to read your thoughts and supportive comments.
Thanks again to all of you thinking and praying for us!

5 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so glad she will be going home soon and hopefully before you all leave. I know the older we get the more we want to be at home, if at all possible, to recoop. We will keep her in our prayers and your safe trip home. The rehab is a great start in teaching her how to control her shots, diet and exercise. See ya soon.

Indy Echo said...

Hello Nellie,
Just wanted to say Shifty and I are go glad that you are doing better. We have had you in our hearts and prayers.

God has a plan for all of us. And I feel sure his plan is for you to be home really soon with your kitty.

Shifty and I have (7) dogs and they are our babies. I know when I came home from my by-pass surgeries they were my best buddies while down.

Keep a smile on your face, faith in God and everything will be OK.

God Bless You
Echo & Shifty

Indy Echo said...

GB
Thanks for the up-date on MOM. Be sure to give her a BIG HUG as often as possible. Can't wait to see you guys on the 20th. Have a safe trip and be sure to have lots of funny stories to share. Shifty and I still remember how hard we laughed at the stories you told at Ferdyfloyer's mini.

BoMarGirl said...

Hi David, Nellie and Mommanurse - Sounds like Mother is progressing and will be going home after a short stay in rehab....another place to make friends before getting home again. You are all in my thoughts. I just took my mother to the dentist this morning to have 2 teeth extracted. When she came out of the office her mouth was FULL of cotton, we both unfortunately started laughing and couldn't stop (not a good thing to do with cotton on each side of your mouth!) better than crying I guess.

Flygirl said...

GB: Glad Mom is in ReHab and going to get back home to her beloved cat soon! Home & Pets can be the best cure...I'm sure she'll improve! Hang in there and give her plenty of hugs!