Tuesday, November 21, 2006

CGHS Class of 1966

Greybeard, Greybeard, Greybeard!
Man, I sure get tired of reading the crap that this "Greybeard" guy posts!
C'mon....... where are the really interesting writers?

A couple days ago I got an email from someone that will remain unnamed, asking permission to link to "Vandy's Kids".
Of course, I approved.
A little investigation reveals that he graduated in the CGHS class of '66, and he's an old "Valley Kid" too!
Hooray!

Let's see, that would be VK(2), wouldn't it?

Further probing led to an interesting Yahoo Forum our underclassmen have started. You can find it here.
Late last night, while I was at work, I poked around and found photos of their latest class reunion, and saw several faces I remember....... I was even able to attach a name to a few of those faces!
When you have time, go browse there and see what they're doin'. Like us, they are considering ways to say "thanks for our blessings". One of their ideas is to fund a scholarship. Wonderful!

To those of you from the class of '66, or any other class of "Vandy's Kids", we say "WELCOME!", and please, if you are so motivated, leave a comment so we know you stopped by.
We're all family, and we are proud of what you are doing!

3 comments:

Carol said...

I was prepared to jump all over this message, talking about our Greybeard and his posts. I already had the posts wrote in my head ----- Then reached the end and found out it was you writing yet another post.

I for one enjoy every posts you write, they are so enjoyable and OH how they make me go back in time and truly remember the good old days.

In the last few months of my dads life, he always talked about his childhood. I guess he too was going back in his mind to the good old days. Remembering all the childhood friends he had and wondering where they were and what they were doing. He would tell me all the things they did and how much fun they had. I guess most of us like the idea of going back to where we had no worries, and responsibilities were to get our chores done so we could go out and play with our friends.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your most gracious welcome. I’m not really new to VK though, I have to confess that I’ve been lurking around for a couple of months. I know that by being a CG grad I’m automatically a “Vandy’s Kid” but your kind greeting makes me feel more a part of the group now.

Thanks also for visiting our CG66 forum. Ditto to your invitation to join and leave comment. It was started as a venue to reestablish contact with old friends, make new ones and find out what everyone has been doing over all of these years. All are welcome so please stop by regularly and get reacquainted.

One of the things that amaze me is how far our classmates have spread over the years. We are so fortunate to live in an age that has an instrument like the internet that makes it so easy to stay in touch with each other. It would be practically impossible for a wide spread group like ours, family you called us, to stay together with previous forms of communication. It’s a shame that there are still a lot of people out there that refuse to get hooked up.

Purple Tabby said...

I think the scholarship fund is a great idea.
How do they decide who gets it and is it given yearly or ???
How do we donate to it?