Thursday, December 28, 2006

Dateline: Destin, FL

Cloudy, 60 degrees, wind from the Southeast at 5 knots.

Every time we come down here at this time of year, I ask the same question:
"Since I hate cold weather with a passion, why do I continue to live in the Midwest?"

I love Midwestern Summers.
With normal rainfall, everything is lush and green.
Hot days don't trouble me, and days that are really unbearably hot are few.
Nights are wonderful.
It also helps that I love thunderstorms.

Winters are a different story-
Cold weather is uncomfortable for me, even with the proper clothing.
Below 20 degrees fahrenheit, with any wind at all, I am just miserable.

So we come South during December, January, and February, and temperatures are running 20 degrees higher than they are at home.
Again the question-
Why the heck do I still live in the Midwest?

Of course, the answer is that life is more than just weather.
Job, family, friends, and other complications need consideration.
But for me, more and more, weather is a bigger factor.

At some point, and I think it'll be soon, weather will become a top priority, and we'll be making the trip North during Spring through Fall!

No comments: