Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy "Vandy-versary"!

Today marks the 1st anniversary of the creation of "Vandy's Kids".
A year ago I published
this post kicking off the Blog, thanking PT for her insight and initiative. Her creativity and foresight continue to amaze me.
Since "Vandy's Kids" was created, we've celebrated the GGFF, the Nashville mini, and the Edinburgh mini..... all wonderful memory-makers!
Am I forgetting anything?

I just checked the sitemeter totals-
there have been 9892 unique visits to "Vandy's Kids" since I installed the meter shortly after we established the site.


This post brings the total to 172... of which I have written 95, more than half. I'm ashamed of myself. Communicating here has been great. Still, it would be fantastic if we could get more Vandy's Kids to contribute, or at least leave comments.
It's my hope that will happen..... a slow, sure growth in participation.

Thanks to all of you who post and comment here, and
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

2 comments:

Purple Tabby said...

Vandy's Kids has certainly made 2006 a terrific year for me.

For years, my trips to Indiana were packed with seeing family, going to weddings, showers, funerals, and family gatherings. It seemed there was never time to do anything else.

Trips were planned around several people’s work schedules and other events, so timing them to coincide with class reunions was close to impossible.

Plus, I didn't know where anyone was. I can't thank you enough, GB, for contacting me. That first email has led to so many wonderful things, not the least of which is learning what a Blog is!!! But also the mini's at Nashville and Edinburg, seeing Vandy, other teachers and so many classmates again, not to mention trading emails with folks who couldn’t make the reunions has enriched my life more than I can say.

It has been fantastic to re-connect with everyone, meet their spouses, see photos of their children and grandchildren, and find out what they've been doing since '65. I feel so sorry for people who didn't have our experiences in HS. And it’s so wonderful to see the past through the eyes of an adult.

The price tag for sharing belly laughs with old friends is truly priceless

We were (and ARE) rich because our parents wisely settled in White River Township so we could have such a wonderful start in life.

Flygirl said...

Well put PT! My thanks to both of of you for getting the Blog-Ball rolling for all of us VK's.

After 40 years of "never going back", I treasure this past year of Bloging, doing the Mini's, and finally "going back". I feel as if I've opened a time capsule and found all these smiling faces and warm embraces from you all.

PT is soooo right, we were all very fortunate to have gone to CGHS. I'm especially lucky that my family moved from Greenwood when I was about 12 years old. The Woodmen were never very nice to me in HS...ha! But hey weren't very nice to any Trojan...right?

Regardless, I'm happy to be a VK and hope to see more VK's at future events!
Happy Vandy-versary to Us All!