Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Taking the FF Outta the DDFF?

Good news and bad news, folks.
I've done some checkin' on fishing charters.
We have two, actually three choices:


1. We can fish in the Choctawhatchee bay.
These boats rent for about $600. There is a problem...
they are limited to use by no more
than four fisherpersons. If more than four folks want to fish, we have to fish the Gulf.

2. We can fish in the Gulf.
The boat I checked on charged $200 an hour for a party of six.

3. We can go out on a "party boat".
These are large boats that cruise out to where you can no longer see land, then drop anchor and allow 40 or so folks to bottom fish. They charge a per-head fee, and I have not yet checked to see what that fee is, but I'm guessing it'll be $50 or less.

So we do have choices, but they are not what I expected.
I think we'll choose up sides and decide what to do when we get to Destin. Personally, I'm not much of a fisherman, so it won't break my heart if all we do is work sand up between our toes and see who can tell the biggest whopper!


It'll still be fun.

No comments: