Thursday, March 01, 2007

DDFF Update:

Harry, leader of the Chipley Mafia emailed with the following:

(Greybeard),
I know a captain in Destin that can take out up to 8 people. Only 6 can
fish at a time if the water is rough. It is a 40 footer. If it is too
rough he will not take us out and not charge us. The cost is $150 a
head and we have to have our own licenses and plus deck hand tip. This is for an all day trip and we WILL catch fish. I will need to know so we can book.
Harry

My response:

Hey Pal!
Well, sounds like you've got the plan! I know for sure there'll be me,
you, TC, (TwoDogs), and probably (FlyGirl) and her Hoosier Boy on the boat now.
There may be more, but I can't be sure.
Does the $150 per head fee still stand if there are only 4-6 of us?
My gut tells me you ought to go ahead and make the arrangements. I'd like everyone to have a great time in Destin and establish the DDFF as an annual thing. Thanks for the help Harry... I think it's gonna be a ball!
Let me know what I need to do to help.
(Greybeard)

So it sounds as if the Chipley Godfather has saved the day...
Life is grand!
Are ya gonna be there?

4 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Bags are packed. Well, not quite - but it will not take us long. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Purple Tabby said...

Sounds like a deal no one can refuse!

Flygirl said...

LOVE IT....CANNOT WAIT! RESORT PRISON IS KILLING ME THIS SEASON!
Muchas Gracias to the Mafia for getting us a Captain! I've got my Baby 70 packed along with nasty fishing clothes...I'm expecting lots of bloody Dolphin "on board"!

Purple Tabby said...

Dolfins?? Flipper?? All bloody?? Say it ain't so. I'm barely over Bambi