Monday, March 05, 2007

Vandy News

I have visited Vandy a couple of times in the last two weeks. I have not seen him do his therapy on these last two visits, but he tells me the rehab ladies are making him do his physical therapy and evening walks with his walker. No info on medical stuff. He seems to be at a plateau as far as advancements. His mind is still sharp. We talk about old times, like Vickie I getting water on the gym floor at the senior prom (some things like that just never fade away do they Vickie!). We shared some candy that PT had sent him - coffee malted balls........ unlike sparkley balls Suzan. He talks about what a nice place he is in and how nice they treat him, but he wants to get back to Country Charm. We both have had trouble remembering people, (he is 89 and I am not) so next time I am bringing my yearbook. He talked of Kathy F. , Vickie I. , John T. , Barbara V. , Suzan H. , Marty U. , (called him the general), David R. , and others. He enjoys company, so if you have any time at all, stop in for a visit. You will enjoy the visits as much as he does.

No comments: