Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vinyl

I bet I'm not alone...
I have a ton of vinyl LP's stored in a closet.
I no longer have anything to play them on, so I have slowly but surely been purchasing CD's to replace the records I loved most. Some, like my favorite Beatles and Beach Boys, were easily replaced. Lesser known artists or more obscure recordings are sometimes hard to find.


But I wanted to share a story about the records...
Big Bubba noticed my collection and had taken an LP out of the sleeve.
He asked, "Dad, are both sides of this thing recorded?"

Ouch.
CD's of course are recorded on one side only.
Do you know the other big difference between CD's and records?

1 comment:

Purple Tabby said...

OUCH! is RIGHT! Man oh man,, that really hurts.
Wonder what he would make of the 45s that were so near and dear to my heart. Cynthia A used to have ALL the latest ones especially Elvis.
Let’s see, what is the difference between an LP and a CD? Hmmm
I'm guessing that size doesn't count? Uh, I've heard that somewhere before.
Let's see, what else. You have to have a HUGE player for an LP and that makes it awkward when you’re walking the beach.
AH, how about this,,, one is vinyl and the other is some kind of plastic??