Saturday, April 14, 2007

GBFR, Week Fifteen- RATS!

Well, I was afraid of this-
We've discussed this problem before... traveling, celebrating, going out to eat...
It's almost impossible to watch the calories. And man, I must have consumed a ton of calories!

To be on schedule, I needed the scale to say 190 today.
All the "body English" I could muster wouldn't make the damn thing say less than 193. I can't tell ya how frustrating that is! But...
In a way it proves what I've been thinking about what I have to do.
I know how quickly I can gain weight- I can add literally two or three pounds in a week if I'm not paying attention to the scale. There's no way I can ignore the scale for that long ever again if I want to stay within a certain range. I know now that the weekly weigh-in is a
must.

Tonight, salt will be put on the wound... we're goin' out to eat with friends at our all-you-can eat Chinese buffet! I'm gonna try my best to cover my plate with vegetables, rather than Crab Rangoon!

Anyway, I need ya to put me back in a good mood. I need a distraction. Got anything goin' on that will put a smile on my face?

3 comments:

the golden horse said...

....so there was this guy that walked into a bar with a head under his arm......

The Joker said...

Here's something to take your mind off the "here and now":

HEADLINES FOR THE YEAR 2029:

1. ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the 7th largest country in the world, Mexifornia (formerly known as California)
2. couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage
3. France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica
4. Castro finally dies at age 112. Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned ALL smoking
5. George Z. Bush says he will run for president in 2036
6. postal service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wed. only
7. IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75%
8. Florida voters still having trouble with voting machines
9. Supreme court rules punishment of criminals, violates their civil rights.
10. average height of NBA players now 9 ft. 7 in.
11. Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative
12. baby conceived naturally; scientists stumped
13. white minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language

Top Cat said...

Joker that was really good but so true. I feel sorry for our kids when there 50 and our grandkids our in real trouble. So sad to see a great country going down the tubes. Grey Beard I know what your going through. I'm trying but so hard. Just think diet the rest of our lives or walk six miles every day. The way gas is going we may have to walk anyway. Things or going so fast. I was just looking at my calander and thought what am I doing. I'm booked every day and night until May the 12th. Time is flying, this year will be over before we know it. Look forward to DDFF. See you all soon.