Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Frustrating

I've said this before.
I've heard the excuses, and that's all they are- excuses.

"Too busy."
"Computer/blogging is too complicated. I can't figure it out."
"Can't write."
" Can't spell."

Sing it with me if you can remember the tune:
"Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!"
... that's pronounced baloney, but means B.S.!

Thanks to GH and Joker for contributing here...
other than their posts, this blog has turned into "All Greybeard, all the time."

Check the sitemeter. Lots of folks stoppin' by here takin' a look. Three of us.. count 'em... THREE, have posted over the last month.

Let me reinforce what I have said before, this time maybe a little more emphatically...
If you enjoy coming here and reading the thoughts of others, and you are not also sharing your thoughts, in my opinion, you are a very selfish person!

Today I'm taking a hiatus from VK in hopes it will become what was originally intended:
a place for all of us to share what is going on in our lives with our classmates. A place to express yourself and get feedback from classmates and friends. I'll be leaving comments to others' posts.

"Too busy"? Join the crowd.
"Too complicated"? I knew nuttin' when I started, but I'm learnin' every day.
"Can't write"? Who cares?
"Can't spell"? Oh come on! The machine will fix that!

C'mon VK's... "when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'."
Fingers to keyboards, please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm guilty. I have used the excuse that I am really busy, and most recently been sick. But the truth is I have thought that I really didn't have anything as interesting to contribute as others. But that is an EXCUSE.

I get cute e-mails from lots of friends and family all the time. I get a kick out of the things they send. And I guess I have been to selfish to share these funny, interesting tid bids. I never really thought about it this way until I read Greybeards posts.

I get a kick out of his postings. He doesn't hesitate to share anything he thinks we might enjoy.

Well I for one promise to make a change. GB was gratious enough to forward my personal e-mail to him regarding my recent illness.

When you experience something like I just went through you realize that non of us are getting any younger and anything can happen. We have all been lucky enough to regain lost friendships, maybe even make some new ones. We (one of the best classes to graduate from CGHS) share something that I don't think any of the other classes have. We have found a way to relive some of the greatest times of our lives.

I think we should all take to heart what GB has said here and share more. We have created our mini's which has brought so much joy back into our lives. We need to continue to share more in between these mini's by getting together here even if it is to say hello.

Thanks GB for the wake up call.

Echo

The Joker said...

Yes, thank you GB for sharing so much and keeping this blog going. Without you I think this blog would have died out a long time ago. I am SO glad that I finally started participating on here with fellow classmates.

Now, everybody out there who does not contribute, do like GB says and "start typing". No one cares if you have typos or whatever. And if you think you have nothing to share, just look at Indy Echo's post. I was having a very serious moment, read her post and a laugh-out-loud escaped my mouth. Thanks, Indy Echo, that made my day.