Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harris' Annual Mini Reunion

I guess most of you know I have been "a little" under the weather.

I want to thank all of you for your e-mails and get well wishes. Am doing "pretty good". Got
back to work this week. Have me on "Coumadin" and 325m Asprin daily. Been trying to get the dosages figured out. Constantly changing it. Had a little set back last week as they "got my blood (to thin)" and I had to be really careful not to get any hard bumps (could cause internal bleeding) and of course not to cut myself. Shifty was so scared I would hurt myself he was almost carrying me around on a pillow. Went to Hemotologist today and the took (12) vials of blood for testing. Trying to confirm why I am having blood clots. Next will have to find out why I am anemic.

But all is well now and we can start planning on our
NEXT ANNUAL HARRIS MINI.

Last year and the year before we had it the last week end in October. Some of the gang who are in the teaching profession couldn't make it because of school break falling around then. The ones I heard from said they were hoping to "make the next one".

S - O - O- O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF PLANNING IT FOR THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER?????

Some of you Lucky One's will be off to Hawaii the first of November. I THINK THAT'S RIGHT??

Anyway how about some feed back on what everyone thinks would be a good date?

This years festivities we would like to center around the "pitch in dinner" and "the Bon-Fire!!
Shifty is already stock piling some (BIG) logs. For those of you who have never enjoyed the
fire at the last two mini's you have really missed something.

The guys have had some real fun keeping that "fire burin" in the past. Last year there was even some "bets" goin on with it. You gotta talk to GB about this one. It was a hoot!!!

SO PLEASE SEND BACK SOME COMMENTS SO WE CAN GET THE DATE CONFIRMED.

Oh yes, Of course we will want Jamie and her better half to provide their great music again.
Ginger and Johnnie was able to make it last year and said they want to come again this year.
Johnnie said that he also plays music and would like to join in. So if any of the rest of you has any musical talent let us know. It would be so much fun to have more.

Shifty & Echo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indy,
So sorry that you have been sick; somehow I didn't get the message that you weren't well. I hope you'll be getting your "legs" and strength back so you can get down and boogie as only you can do!

I'm planning on coming to the Oct. mini at your house.

Take care.

Love and hugs,
Bo

Indy Echo said...

Bo,
Thanks for your thoughts. I feel really stupid as I had been away from VK for awhile. But I don't know who I am talking to here. I try to keep a list of everyones Blog names but I'm lost here. Give me some kind of hint.

Glad you will be coming in Oct. But I am excited to know who to look forward to seeing that I evidentally haven't seen in years.

Echo

Anonymous said...

Echo,
Here's a hint, you gave me a surprise 16th birthday party at your house.

Hint #2 - I was one of the girls that went with you to Block's to help with inventory when your mother worked there.

Hint #3 (NOW YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO BO IS) I sat at the same table with you and Shifty at the 2006 Center Grove Alumni Banquet.

Love,
BoMarGirl

Indy Echo said...

Bo
Well Dah !!!!!!!!
Guess all this medication has screwed up my thinking.

BO - Short for BoMarGril - just like Echo is short for Indy Echo .

Boy do I feel dumb.

Oh well at least I know who I am talking to now.

Darn I had forgotten about the Birthday Party - Blocks Inventory. It was so sweet when some time back you mentioned Daddy's pancakes he use to make for us.

Is it possible that so many years have gone by? Can't wait to see you at the mini and hope maybe we could meet for luch, dinner or something even before then.

Stay in touch,
Indy Echo

Anonymous said...

Echo -
I'm doing my best to get to the Beef and Boards dinner even though Max's H.S. reunion is that night. Sounds like A LOT more fun to be with my own classmates. I may have him drop me off and pick me up after the show.

Say "hello" to that Good 'ol Boy of yours!

Love,
Bo

Indy Echo said...

Hey Bo,
Passed your message on to Shifty.
Sure hope you can make it to the
Beef & Boards.

If you can go and you want a ride Shifty and I will be glad to pick you up and take you home then Max can go on to his reunion.

Let me know

Echo