Thursday, July 19, 2007

HARRIS ANNUAL MINI REUNION

Have put out a few feelers to try and find out what would be the best date
for this years October Mini. And guess what !!!!!

THERE IS NO BEST DATE FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you all know when you try to plan something with a big bunch of family
and friends NO ONE DATE will fit into everyone's schedule. So all you can do
is pick a date and pray that it will work for the majority.

S0000000!!! Let's all mark your calendars for:

OCTOBER 20th.

Hopefully for those of you who still work this will give you enough time to schedule
that week end off - and for those of you (hopefully) coming in from afar you can get
some good pricing on air line tickets. (Hint - Hint - Fly).

Last year I sent out invitations, posted to VK, made individual phone calls and almost
had a nervous break down worrying if anyone was coming, what they were pitching in etc.

This year I am going to keep it simple and send out invitations about a month
to six weeks ahead of time and keep updating here on VK. I am asking that all
of you help me out by talking to anyone and everyone that you see or talk to.

As usual we will have a pitch in dinner - seems easier than trying to have something
catered as (in the past) we never know until a week or so before the event who is going
to be here. (And in one case - until I opened the door).

Last year there was a lot of planning for the OJ roast. THIS YEAR we are going to just sit
back and relax and sit around the bonfire. For those of you who have never experienced the
bonfire you are really in for a treat. Shifty works for month's stock piling (BIG) hunks of wood.
And just a note for future reference, the old saying that if you play in fire it will make you wet
your pants - IT AIN'T TRUE - A few of the guys spent a lot of time "keeping that fire goin" and
not one of them wet their pants. (GB - or did I miss something). There have been some great stories, lots of laughs and even some "bet's" related to past fires. You will have to talk to GB and hear about the "bet" part of this. Did she ever pay up???????????

Fly- Just a little personal note here - Shifty and I will be on vacation the last week of Sept.
so figured that the week end of the 6th would be "out of the question" as that would be
pushing it to get my kitchen floor mopped. HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Echo & Shifty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Echo - I have marked my calendar and I will be there. Let me know what you want me to bring. Is there anything I can do to help besides bringing food? I think sitting back, relaxing and talking around the bonfire sounds great. I didn't get out to the fire last year. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ferdy

TwoDogs said...

Planning on being there. Looking forward to it.

Top Cat said...

Echo marked my calander see you then. Hope we have a great turnout again. Shifty does a great job with the fire. Sharon and I can bring anything you need or I will pay you for all the cups, plates, forks or whatever you need. Just let me know. TD & GB got my Hawaii tickets. Get in at 1:15 on 11-1. Can't wait will be wonderful. Hope Flygirl and Cappy can make it. See you all soon.

Greybeard said...

Boy oh boy...
I'm one of those that has used up all my vacation days, and I'm gonna have to scramble tryin' to figure out how to make it. But I promise, I'll do my dog-gone'dest to be around that bonfire with the rest of ya.

Vicki-
If you are still lurking/reading, we can make another wager and you can win your $5 back this year!

TC and Sharon-
Great news! Ready to get Lei'd? ;>)

Top Cat said...

GB nothing like getting Lei'd in Hawaii. Do you think Sara Jean and Sharon will care. Ha.