Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Night Out

Beef and Boards opened their doors in 1973. “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” doesn’t quite go back as far as that, but, close. For those few VKs that don’t remember that far back, it opened on Broadway in 1978. That seems like such a long time ago. Not long after graduating from Center Grove, a few of us were wondering ‘What the heck just happened?’. A few of us were trying to figure out just exactly where we were, still a few more were wondering where we were heading. Most of us were listening to the Animals “We’ve gotta get out of this place”. Some of us did just that. But here we are – 40 plus years later and most of us are still intact. By the response that Indy Echo’s latest post got, I can tell that most of you still have a very good memory. Great Post, Some Great memories. I remembered most. Although, I have been told that I have a very short memory. Could that be?????

Back to the subject. A Night Out. “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” starts a run at the Beef and Boards Dinner Theater in Aug. Sara Jean and GB and Cinders and TD are planning a night out for Saturday September 15, 2007. GB and I think it would be great to get a group together and have A Night Out. Singles, couples, it really doesn't matter - you will be with friends and everyone deserves a night out once in a while. This is still a couple of months out – plenty of time to clear your calendars. But, don't wait too long to decide. Right now, there are plenty of good tables available. And they should be able to group us close together. It will be fun so, Check your calendars and let me know as soon as possible. Call me or email me if you have questions. You can also go to www.beefandboards.com/ for information. Respond via VKs or email and I will be in contact.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

TD, I would love to join the group to see you all and enjoy the show but AAAAAHHHHWWW! Max's 45th H.S. Reunion from Warren Central is that night. Wouldn'tca know??? Now unfortunately somehow he is on the reunion committee and thinks he has to go. He graduated with about 800 people in his class so I don't think they would miss him if he doesn't go. Matter of fact at the last reunion the only fun I had was telling people there that I was a classmate and asking them if they remembered me!! HA, now that was a hoot; most of them said
,"well, you look familiar but I just can't think of your name" Hee Hee!!

I'm trying to get him to go to the play with us. I know he'd have a much better time with the kids from Center Grove than that Warren Central bunch, don't you?

Later.
Bo

Anonymous said...

That really sounds like fun, unfortunately, the kids have given Tracy & I a few days at B & B in Napanee country. That is the week we will be there. Hope you all have a great time.

Carol

Top Cat said...

TD and GB sorry I'm in Colorado that weekend on a Elk hunt. Sharon and I would have loved to come up. What weekend is Indy Echos get together? Flygirl whats the date on Cappys fishing tournment? Carol is Harry catching any fish. I'm going to be ready in Feb. or March to come down and fish with him can't wait! Well see you all later leaving now for Muscatine, Iowa.I'll catch up Thursday.

Greybeard said...

Many of you already received this note via email:

Adding to Steve's comments:
Many of you have probably been to dinner theaters. Some may even have
been to Beef&Boards, (and if you have, we'd appreciate your critique!) Patsy
said she worked there for a while and has fond memories of the place...
I'd like to hear some of those stories!

When I was stationed at Ft. Knox in the mid-70's we frequented a B&B outside Louisville often. (That theater is no longer there,
unfortunately.) Beef and boards does things differently than some of the dinner theaters that I have attended, in that you view the show from the same table where you eat your dinner. In the 70's they paid
attention to the food- it was really good. I think many dinner theaters have closed their doors because they let the quality of the food deteriorate. I'm hopeful that's not the case with B&B today.

The buffet line opens at 6:30 P.M. and the show starts at 8- plenty of
time for us to visit before watching the play. Committing early means our group can be seated in adjoining tables. Please consider meeting us... This will be another great memory!

Indy Echo said...

HORRAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Count Shifty and Echo in for Sept 15th.

We have plans to be out of town the next week so this is great.

Please get with us and let us know more details, ie: Are we suppose to make our own reservations or is someone going to make reservations for the group. How much are the tickets etc.

This sounds like so much fun.

It's funny. Shifty and I was just talking about "The Best Little etc" not to long ago. We was trying to figure out all the "stars" that was in the movie and what character they played."

I told you guys that there are some fun ways to pass the time.

The next "How good is your memory" ditty could be figuring out who stared in all of the shows that we have been coming up with. What do ya think????????

Anyway, some one get back with more details on Sept 15. WE HAVE IT ON THE CALENDAR.

Echo

Anonymous said...

Hawk and I would love to go to Beef and Boards on Sept 15th and have it on our calendar. This is a great idea and thank GB and TD for making the arrangements. The info was passed on to John T and since Barbara T will be in Florida that weekend he talked favorably about coming with us. Said he would confirm in a few days.

ps My 40th class reunion is the next weekend Sept 22nd! I'm glad there is no conflict! I so enjoy being with you all HL

djinindy said...

Hey, sorry to be so slow in responding, but the 15th sounds like a fun evening. I was at the Beef and Boards last year? and the food was very good. They did run a little short toward the end of the serving line, so a good table location helps. Sounds like some of our old family reunions. Anyway, count me in....