Friday, August 24, 2007

Vandy Tribute at Daily Journal

A comment from the post below:

I'm a reporter with the Daily Journal working on a tribute article about Mr. Vandermeer. I was hoping we could get permission to publish excerpts from some of the blog postings and also to talk to those who'd like to share any memories. If anyone has any photos of Mr. Vandermeer at the school, they'd also be vastly appreciated.
Please e-mail blog postings we could use to accompany an article to jpete@thejournalnet.com or call me at 736-2776 if you would like to pay homage or share memories of Mr. Vandermeer. Many thanks and my condolences for the loss.

Joseph Pete
Daily Journal
736-2776
jpete@thejournalnet.com

Mr. Pete, I'm one of the administrators of Vandy's Kids, and so far as I'm concerned you can use anything you find here freely. I'm glad you left your phone number, and hope all with interesting anecdotes will call. I'm assuming the area code to reach you is 317?

Thank you for your attention to our namesake!

3 comments:

The Joker said...

GB,

The phone # for Mr. Pete is a Franklin, IN. number and,
Yes, the area code is 317.

Not sure when he might get back to you, so thought I'd let you all know.

Greybeard said...

Just got off the phone with Mr. Pete.
He has contacted our friend the coach from Ben Davis High, and has a call in to the Major General, who is apparently out of town.
He will use my post "Vandy Again", but will attribute me personally, not "Vandy's Kids", although he will mention that I made the comments on "a weblog".

I hope he contacts some of the guys that were on teams Vandy coached.
I'm sure those guys have GREAT stories to tell!

Again, if you have anecdotes to relate, or know someone that does, please give Mr. Pete a call.

Anonymous said...

When Vandy was a coach (back when Woody was principal at CGHS), my brotherin-law, Larry (Punk) Pearcy played basketball. I'll let him know about Vandy, and maybe he's got a story or two to share.
FlyGirl