Monday, September 17, 2007

Brunch At Bella Vista

(Bella Vista- Pretty View?)
In these pictures you'll get a feel for the weather we had all weekend long. Brunch at Bella Vista could not have been nicer, with the slight exception, as Joker noted, of the fact that a "sweat bee swatter" would have been handy!
The restaurant is located adjacent to the marina, so we had first-class seating for traffic moving on the water. All but Cinders ordered the breakfast buffet, which was good. Cinders ordered a specialty salad, which looked better than what I had on my plate! We've heard the restaurant, which as the name implies serves Italian most of the time, is a good place for pasta. I hope we'll get a chance to return soon and report to you on TD's favorite... "Spaghetti Bolognese".






That's my Sara Jean...
Joker in the background.







How delightful to see Joker for the first time in so many years! Again... as is so often the case with classmates, it took all of maybe three minutes to settle in socially and be PERFECTLY comfortable.
Joker, we look forward to further catching up in October.











TD's daughter Shani (Shay-nee) stopped by to share the beautiful day with us.









TwoDogs in a discussion with Joker. I bet they were talking about horses...
DJ, you shoulda been here!















Cinders...
Making a point?







I'll take more days like this any day, folks.
Good food. Good company.
Good weather. Great view.
It just doesn't get much better.

4 comments:

Purple Tabby said...

What a fantastic weekend!

I would say Christmas presents came early this year.

What a gift!

Anonymous said...

Great to see Joker again! Looks like she's enjoying herself despite the bees. Thanks for the photos.

I haven't seen Shani since she was in a bassinet at TD's mother's; 3-4 mo. old at the most! What a beautiful girl.

Bo

The Joker said...

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at our Sunday brunch. As I told GB and TD, I know them better now then I did 42 years ago, because of this blog.
I thought it might be kind of awkward meeting up with basically strangers, but it wasn't like that at all.
TD,
Shani is such a beautiful girl inside and out. You could tell she was a true animal lover, too, and she seemed to fit right in with our conversations.

TwoDogs said...

Thank You, Bo & Joker! We agree...

Yes, PT, It was a great weekend. And we have missed you! Any open dates in the Spring????

Next Fall, we will plan an Irish mini to coincide with Irish Fest. The Indy Irish Mini - the wearing of a kilt will be optional, but, greatly encouraged.

PTO - is that appropriate? Or do you have to be Irish to wear a kilt? O'TwoDogs has a nice Celtic ring to it....