Monday, September 03, 2007

The House of Blue Lights

I wrote this post at "Pitchpull" almost two years ago.
If ya haven't read it you ought to take the time, 'cause I bet it'll bring back memories. There are a couple links in that post that have interesting information about the bridge.


Pokin' around on the 'net to find stuff about the haunted bridge led me to a couple other interesting sites-


With all the notoriety about The House of Blue Lights while we were growing up, I'm surprised Hawkeye and I never launched an up-close CGHS probe of the place! I think the night we drove by to take a look at the house we were a little spooked by stories we had heard. We did see what we thought was a detached head peeking out from the front window of the house. That alone would not normally have stopped us from leaving the car for a close recon, so I can only imagine we had more important things to do that evening, and put it off for a later date. (No way we'd have been frightened, so that had to be the case!)

Here's another site with haunted/paranormal locations in Indiana.
And this is a site with detailed information about many haunted Hoosier places. It's interesting to note how many of the stories have similar themes...
babies crying, or people moaning/calling out in the night.

Ever been to any of these places? C'mon, share your stories.

Halloween is just around the corner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about all those places from you guys while we in school but I never went. You see, I've got a lot of Irish in me and I believe in all that haunted stuff about ghosts and it scares me stiff. I can't even go through the haunted houses that the kids go through at Halloween ...no I ain't goin' there.

I think the worst experience I had was one night, about midnight, my Cousin Sandy drove us to the Franklin Cemetary and shut me in the MAUSOLEUM! I've never recovered.

Bo

The Joker said...

The link in your post marked "this"
(site with detailed info about haunted Hoosier places), the entry under Mooresville's Gravity Hill is apparently true - at least the part about your car rolling uphill unassisted - check out this website:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/getAttraction.php?tip_AttractionNo==3299

I remember going by the House of Blue Lights once after they had built I-465 through the property.
It was in broad daylight and I pulled into what was once the driveway, but it was only about 2 car lengths long, as there was a huge 6'-8' fence around the property that went right across the driveway. So that's as far as I went. Back then not much scared me and I was contemplating climbing the fence, but I was alone and the fence was high and I was thinking, "what if someone catches me and nobody ever sees me or hears from me again?" I left and never went back...maybe I was a 'little' scared.

Indy Echo said...

Back in high school I dated a guy from Martinsville. One night on a double date he asked if we had ever been to the cemetary in Martinsville. Well NOT !! So they started telling us stories (as we drove South).

It seems that there is a haunted cemetary there. There is this OLD WOMAN who wanders the cemetary, sits on tomestones and cries. Didn"t really believe this (I think) but we went there.

It just so happened that there was a full moon that night. We was parked at the edge of the cemetary. For the longest time we didn't (hear) or (see) anything. Then all of a sudden we hear a woman scream and then a woman crying. At first we thought the guys had set this up. NOT !!

This is the honest to goodness truth. Through the shadows this form appeared of a woman with long gray strigy hair. She went over to this grave and sat down on the headstone. She let out a scream that would chill your blood and then she started rocking back and forth and crying.

We immediatly put the car in reverse and before we could pull away she threw a big rock at the car. It hit the hood and made a dent in it. Even the guys were spooked. Said they had been there many times before, hear her scream and cry but had never seen her up close and personal like that. She was always off in a distance and accented by the moon light.

Never went back there again and to this day am spooked at cemetary's at night.

TRUE STORY !!!!

Echo