Monday, December 17, 2007

Dan Fogelberg

From TPO, via email this morning-

"You've no doubt heard the news of the passing of Dan Fogelberg (age 56) . You are one of the few people I've known over the years who really appreciate the artists of this caliber who's music has meant much to our generation. He was a poet / songwriter / storyteller and singer at the level of Harry Chapin. So, raise a glass to Dan---done too soon!"

I'd like to think I'm NOT a minority in recognizing talent of all sorts, and Dan Fogelberg was certainly a talented artist. I met and fell in love with Sara Jean New Year's Eve of 1980. This song was frequently playing on the radio at the time, and has become one of "our songs".
R.I.P. Dan. You brought us all much pleasure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are many good web sites out there for Dan Fogelberg, but here's a good one:
http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

Sorry, but I've been having a terrible time posting comments the last few days, so had to copy/paste the website here.

Greybeard said...

Joker's link, clickable here.