Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas Day 2007


The day was pretty much as shown in the picture... it was cool and clear.
In the morning I got the call to pick up the neonatal transport team in Cape Girardeau and go get a preemie somewhere down South. After the flight I landed at the Cape Airport and got fuel. The airplane you see pictured was sitting on the ramp there, shining and beautiful. I made note of the airplane's tail number... N1EB. It didn't strike a note at the time.
In the afternoon I got another call, almost a twin of the morning flight. Neonate team aboard, we flew over the Cape Girardeau airport as that Gulfstream taxi'ed for takeoff. Gleaming beneath us, the tower cleared him for takeoff to Palm Beach, Florida, and my Paramedic immediately identified the airplane's owner.
Got a guess?

6 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Wild guess. Was it Shaq?? Sport headlines today were about him flying to LA for treatment to a hip injury. Although, I don't know what the plane would be doing in Cape Girardeau.... I think he flew from Minnesota - maybe the pilot stopped in Mo. for some fuel on the way back home????

TwoDogs said...

One of the Bush brothers?

Anonymous said...

“Excellence in Broadcasting”

Greybeard said...

Ding Ding Ding!
Christmas Day...
Cape Girardeau, Mo...
Headed back to Palm Beach Florida.
Mr. Limbaugh owns a very nice airplane. I'll bet he fills the air inside with cigar smoke!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greybeard said...

Anon-
Great question!
I've added it as a blog post.
Thx!