Friday, January 11, 2008

Feliz Dos Anos!

Those of you that were with me in Mrs. V's Spanish class will have a clue. For the rest of you-
IT'S OUR SECOND VANDYVERSARY!

January 8 was the actual first post date, but life got in the way
and I let the 8th slip by without noting it here. When I realized I had missed it, I just thought I would mark it along with a "Friday Open".


Do you ever go back and review old posts here? The posts themselves are interesting... but the comments! Truly, there is two years of history there worth the time to review when you have it.

It's hard to put into words how I feel about all of you. Our communications here... the mini's... our outings together, big deal and small...
I think it was Joker that mentioned in some ways we are far closer than we ever were during our school years. And for me personally, that is wonderful.

We've started a new calendar year.
We are starting our 3rd year here at VK.
It's my wish that the upcoming year bring us all continued health, enough material wealth to keep us comfortable, the spare time to continue meeting as we have over the past two years, and the wisdom to find ways to add more CGHS friends to our numbers.

God Bless us all.

Now please....
Got news or thoughts to share?
So share!

12 comments:

Greybeard said...

Big Bubba sent me a maintenance program that I've found very helpful. It takes a few seconds to load, but I think it's worth your time to run it! Let me know if you see any improvement in your hardware!

Samarpan David said...

The word in Spanish should be "AƱos"

I looked up the word Anos and it said:

ano
m. anat. Orificio del conducto digestivo por el cual se expele el excremento

But congratulations.... and "Feliz 24 Meses"!

Greybeard said...

We can always depend on you, Asoka!

Anonymous said...

Whaaaat? Hable engles por favor

Bo

Anonymous said...

I mean "Habla", sorry Asoka!

Bo

Greybeard said...

So you don't miss it-
GH has news to share.

Samarpan David said...

Bo,

Don't worry. Both forms are correct.

Habla would mean "Speak" (imperative verb, like a command)

Hable would mean "You should speak" (subjunctive verb, like a suggestion)

So you're covered because both are good forms of the verb "to speak"

Anonymous said...

I read Golden Horse' blog about her "Christmas Vacation". WOW! What a great trip. I'm so happy she wrote all about the trip so we could share in the fun. Thanks GH!

Bo

the golden horse said...

Bo,

You are very welcome. This was such a surpise trip. I don't think I could have planned a better one.
We both came back with bad colds as the weather was a little cooler there, but it was worth it 10 times over.
We are still sitting here asking each other, "did we really get to see all those things."
There is much more than what I wrote about.
Just picked up our pictures today and there are some really nice ones in there.

Anonymous said...

Hello all and a belated Happy New Year.

I took Mrs. V"s class and I think I am the only student who got her to lose her cool when it came to teaching. One time she got so upset over my ability to speak Spanish she actually stomped her feet. She said I spoke Spanish like some one from Kentucky tries to speak English. I don't think she liked my accent. HAHA.

For those of you who would like a real chuckle the next time we are together get Shifty to say some things in Spanish. He had some employees who were Mexican and they tried to teach him to speak some Spanish since they had a few problems in communication at first. Talk about Spanish with a Kentucky accent. He's a real hoot.

Echo

Anonymous said...

Echo,
I still laugh when I think of Mrs. V trying to teach us kids to speak Spanish! My, my that woman had her work cut out for her. I really don't remember her getting frustrated with you but I do remember L. Vandenburg in that class. What a stitch!

Much Grass,
Bo

Anonymous said...

Bo,
It's funny how teachers have memories like an elephant when it comes to things you wish they would forget.

For years after we graduated Mrs. V. would ask me if thought I would "ever" be able to :properly" speak Spanish. Well, the answer to that is "NOT".

With things as they are today I now wish I had learned.Who would have thought back then that Spanish would almost be "the" language to know today. I don't know about the rest of you but it really ticks me off to have to sit and wait for the the opportunity to press (1) for English. Need I say more on this ??????

Echo