Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Alaska cruise tour

We now have 10 cabins reserved, several from our class and some people we don't know. I am so excited to be part of this trip and I can hardly wait.
If anyone wishes to join us please contact me [dan47@embarqmail.com] we still have space available.
I went on the cruise part of this trip in 2005 and had a wonderful time, the landscape is spectacular, the food to die for and one of the best trips I think I have ever taken.

Not too much different going on in Bob White Dan's life, we do have the 7th grandchild coming in a few weeks. I never know how much fun they could be. We have 3 living next door to us and the others re in Cincy, makes for a nice get-a-way. The twins are in Scouting, therefore I'm back in myself, having the time of my life. Headed for the National Jamboree in 2010, this is the 100 year anniversary. I have the privilege of designing the patch for our contingent the crossroads of America Council.

In the Scouting world I have changed/added 'Eagle Dan' as well as 'Bob White Dan'. Those involved in Scouting will understand.

I can't key like DAR but I'll try to be better at making an appearance on the blog occasionally.


Bob White Dan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,
Have a great time at the Jamboree. I can remember some good times. Don't get too cold in Alaska.
HF

Greybeard said...

No one cares how well you type.
No one cares how well you spell.
What we do care about is knowing you are well, and hearing about what is going on in your life. This is the perfect place for that.

Thanks Dan for bein' a part of the Scouts. I think your impact there can be equated with that of any teacher...
HUGE, if you want it to be!
I'm glad you found your way back here.

Anonymous said...

FLY Here-
BW: I didn't know that you're active with the Boy Scouts! Congratulations and what fun. Have a great time at your Jamboree!

Re the Boy Scouts, my Ex-Mother-in-law (love her dearly and am still very close to her) gave their ranch outside Springfield, Mo to the Boy Scouts. You might have heard about it??? It has quite a bit of land, barns, good-size house and even a flag pole. I think that it is named after my father-in-law, Howard Sproat. He was very active in Scouting. I believe he was an Eagle Scout too. The family kept a small area of the ranch that has a mauseleum (sp) where Howard is buried. That's called "Teddy Bear Meadow".

Maybe some day you'll go there. Let me know!

Alaska update: what are the dates? I'd love to go. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part...just to tied up at Resort Prison's renovations this fall.

Anonymous said...

BWD-
Send info about trip to Alaska or I'll stop by and talk, I'd like to go but Clint wants to go to Arizona I think. Our $$ would be stretched on both, ain't it sad, "no mon, no fun".

Fly, Mrs. Cornelius house was on the same street as the "House of Granville" but at the west end at the bottom of the hill used to skateboard or sled.

You are right on about the Corgi, she CAN turn on a dime on those little short legs and herds everything. Since you asked about Dixie and Jemima, maybe they could stay at a certain Florida resort this winter. They would love that! You could have your own little duck parade like they have in Tennessee. Hopefully we'll have a duck house by the time the snow flies for them. The foxes and animals will be looking for food this winter.

See y'all
Bo