Friday, August 08, 2008

Musical Memories

Participation time now...

Bouncin' Bill Baker has been a topic of discussion here. Most of us listened to him at least a little. A morning DJ on WIBC, I frequently was catching Z's while he was on the air. Some of us listened to Dick Summers over on WISH. The guy I remember most was another WIBC dude... Tom Doyle came on at 9 P.M. and I would turn on his show until I dropped off to sleep at night. But as I've said here before, music was a very important part of my teen years.

So my question to you...
What song(s) made a strong enough impact on you that you remember it/them fondly today?
We've mentioned a few here at VK already, but it's okay to rehash them if they were important to you. I'll keep mine to myself until others have had a chance to share.
For fun, here's one that put a smile on my face...

I can still remember the words by heart, and sometimes sing it to young patients we are transporting in the helicopter ambulance:



Made ya smile, didn't I?
Tell me your favorites and I'll do some searching and post 'em here.



And now, TGIF...
It's 8/8/08, and VK open forum time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that song is one of the best...I sing it sometimes too. If I sang it to sick people in the helicopter they would jump out.

Bo

Anonymous said...

Lonnie Donigan, lest we forget. Skiffle, it's what the Beatles started with.

Anonymous said...

I'll start with 'Go Now' by the Moody Blues. Who'da thunk it.

Greybeard said...

And at least one of you out there knows I lost a bet about "Go Now", and still owe a ride in the helicopter over it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, let's hear some BEATLES..."I Saw Her Standing There" and "Please Please Me"....Fly and I were convinced they were singing to us! HA!

Bo