Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mary Ella's Mom-

Several of us received this message this A.M.:


Mom (Luella A. Royston) passed earlier this week and the arrangements are as follows:
All arrangements held at: Olivet Missionary Baptist Church
4141 N. High School Road
Indianapolis, IN

Viewing on Tuesday from 10am-12noon.
Service begins at 12noon.
Burial in Greenwood.
Then back to church for the Repast.

Thanks for all the concern and prayers.
Mary

Mary, we're all thinking of you.
(If you need Mary's email address, drop me a note.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post regarding Mary Ella's mother. She was a super nice lady and a great mom for all of VK's kids! I plan on attending the service.

Bo

TwoDogs said...

Mary, We are saddened to hear of your loss. I know that you will miss your Mom. Although she is with her Savior, You can still talk with her. She will listen.

"Those we love don’t go away,
They walk beside us everyday,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear."
- Author Unknown

Unknown said...

Mary
I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
TwoDogs made a comment about talking to your mom even though she's gone. My mom died in '85 and I still talk to her everyday.

Rita said...

I worked with Claude (the father) at National Bank of Greenwood when his son was killed. I ached for him. He was such a sweet gentle man and to watch him endure that pain was terrible. At least they together now.

Cissy Apple said...

I met Mrs. Royston once many years ago. She did sewing for people, and I had her do something for me once. Joe was a few years older than me, but he was a cool guy and everyone loved him. One day in the CG cafeteria, some of his buddies were teasing him, and Joe remarked VERY LOUDLY, "What do I look like? A crock of sh**?". And yes, he did fill in the asterisks!

I don't know why little things like that stick in your mind.