Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Heading West to warmer weather

I hope everyone had a good start to the new year. We spent Wednesday night with neighbors playing card games and WII, (which was brought to the party by some other friends). Since then we've been looking for the WII with no luck. If you haven't tried playing, it is a lot of fun. I like the bowling and golf, Tracy likes the racing. I was so sore Thursday, couldn't believe I had all those unused muscles I hadn't used for a while, They definitely got a work out. :)

We are leaving town at the end of the week. Going to Phoenix for the rest of the month to spend time with our kids out West. I was hoping for some warmer weather but they have been having 40's at night and only 60's during the day. :( Its going to be a long drive 1750 miles (shortest route) from our home to my youngest son's home (one way). Flying would be faster but you miss so much. Tracy has been planning our trip, we're thinking about taking the northern route this time. A little longer but the views are much prettier.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol,

Happy New Year to you and Tracy! I hope you have a safe and happy trip. It's always nice to have your children around. I know I love it! My girls were here for Christmas and son and grandson were here for New Year's.

Ferdy

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol!
We are leaving for Phoenix Feb. 1st. Mother and I are flying and Clint is driving with our fearless Beagle "Summer" along shotgun. I hope you have a safe trip. There are lots of things to see on the way out. We took the Route 66 one year and enjoyed it so much.

Happy New Year and be safe. Have fun with your kiddos!

Bo

Greybeard said...

Wish we were going with you, but Phoenix will have to wait a while...
We too are planning on a week there the last of February. My thoughts were that when we returned the worst Old Man Winter could dish out would be behind us.
Be safe on your drive, all of you. It is a beautiful trip, if a little overly long, but the weather can change along that Northerly route in an instant and there are places where it's a long way between people. Keep cell phones at hand and well-charged!
Updates at VK are mandatory, doncha know... preferably with pictures.
Looking forward to more.

Carol said...

Hey Bo
We should have made better plans so we could have been out there at the same time. We could have caravan'd the trip out with Clint.
Maybe next year.

Have a safe trip.
I'll try to post while I'm there.
I'll also try to bring back some warm weather. :)

Anonymous said...

Carol and GB,
We would have loved to been in Phoenix during Jan. but the man who owns the house we stay in decided he wanted to be there....some nerve, huh?? HA! Anyway, it would be nice for us to travel together if we could do that sometime.

As long as good 'ol Dell hangs on I'll be in touch with you all. I have no idea how to post pictures but I might be able to send some to GB and he can help.

Be careful and have fun.

Bo