Friday, January 09, 2009

Beauty

I guess it's natural to complain a little. Feeling overworked, I've done my fair share of complaining over the last several months... like I haven't had time for "fun". Tonight I finally got around to copying all our pictures and putting them on a separate memory device so that one errant spark can't destroy all of 'em in one zap. Reviewing the photos surprised me...
Hawaii. Two DDFF's. Three October mini's. The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. The Irishfest.
Planning now for Alaska in June...
Yeah, no time for fun at all!

This summer Cinders and TwoDogs went scouting for a possible mini-reunion site alongside Sara Jean and GB at Ft. Knox and nearby environs. The pic above was taken at the Ohio River overlook at the Convention Center at Otter Creek Park outside Louisville, Ky.
The park truly is one of the more beautiful places on earth.


Photos of our travels are a slap in the face for me...
Reviewing these makes me realize how much I am blessed.
I hope you have reason to think you are also.

Friday again... I know you have news.
So "news" us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Otter Creek,mentioned above, has been closed for lack of funds. Not sure when it will open again.
Mr. L

Greybeard said...

I was gonna link Otter Creek to the post Mr. L. and saw the notice at their link indicating the park was closed. I was shocked and dismayed at the news.
There are two-bedroom rent-able cabins overlooking the river there, and a large lodge that can accommodate up to twelve couples, with a river-view similar to the picture above.

Sad.
Frightening.
Batten down the hatches folks, we're in for rough economic seas.

TwoDogs said...

Yes, Really a beautiful place.
GB, Isn't this a City Park? Too bad. Probably see more of this happening throughout the country. The first time I had visited the park was when LM had his wedding reception at Otter Creek a few years ago. GB and I had high hopes for this place. Hope they take good care of it and are able open it back up soon.

Anonymous said...

People ae very concerned in this area that people are trying other avenues of ways to reopwn Otter Creek. I have never been there but my wife says it is gorgeous. I understand that Louisville owns the park, and because of falling revenues to the cty the park was closed.
Mr. L

Anonymous said...

Watching Mitch Daniels "State of the State" address. He just said that he wants more control in the classroom. Students should be told "to sit down and hush up"! I love it. And he told the lawyers to "butt out".

Our Marty is there....sitting up in the balcony. I think he should be on the first floor in the front row..ha!......ONWARD TROJANS!