Saturday, May 09, 2009

Cinco De Cuatro



Well, if our President(?) can do it, so can I !
I spent most of the day yesterday here at work watching violent weather pass while the helicopter stayed safely in it's bedroom. Weather blown through, we were immediately pressed into duty on a flight that still has me a little bummed out. (I may blog about it at "Pitchpull" later today.)
Anyway, the day got by without me posting our "Friday Forum" post, so this is your "Saturday morning Friday Forum".

Exactly one week from today, God willin' and the creek don't rise, Sara Jean and Cinders will probably be imitating the gal pictured above. Mom and I will be sitting on the balcony overlooking the beach, watching for dolphins swimming and pelicans in formation. TwoDogs? He'll probably be making sure the gals have all they need, while sipping an adult beverage and smiling inwardly.

I'm sure we'll see Harry and Carol at some point, but I have no solid information on other DDFF attendees. If you have a hankering for good food, good conversation, and good memories, go to
here or call 800 426-6196 and check out "Gulf Winds East".
Tell 'em Greybeard sent ya.

6 comments:

Greybeard said...

Don't click this link!
It'll depress you.
You have been warned!

Anonymous said...

You know, it's so easy to look at the negative side of life - my house isn't as big as so and so's, my car isn't new any more, etc. But, then, I read GB's story. It makes me realize I am so blessed. I have three terrific children, two beautiful grandchildren and another one on the way. And, I have good health.

I feel so bad for this lady GB writes about. There are far too many people in similar situations. It's a shame it takes reading something like this to make me realize how fortunate I am.

Ferdy

TwoDogs said...

Looking forward to spending some time in the Sun! Haven't had much of that around here lately. Cinders will have to use a high number sunscreen and the sunbrella. As white as I am - I will have to 'lather up', too. We also enjoy time around the pool at GB's condo complex. The food, the sun, the location, and the companionship is always topnotch in Destin. May be my only getaway this year and I am sooo ready for it. Will try to be there Monday afternoon and plan on having dinner at Kenny D's that evening!

Anonymous said...

Bring lots of sun screen. It is in the low 90's lots and lots of sun. I know how lucky I am. Sun fun and my family close for now. Steve you Will see us. C&H

Anonymous said...

All in all, we're really blessed just to still be around taking in some air. Hope you all have a great time in Destin; and everyone have a safe journey.
dj

Anonymous said...

FLY HERE: It's Wednesday (5/20) and the sun is finally shinning in FL. All the DDFF Bunch have been experiencing our FL Sun Shine for the past few days...sorry that it's not always paradise down here. I've had a few Grumpy Guests in my corner of Paradise because of the rain & storms but will send them on their way soon sans sun burns. Hoosier Boy and I are a bit grumpy also...we'll really miss the Destin Fling this year! Just too much going on right now to make the get-away. I'm trying to keep my chin up knowing all the fun, friends, food, frolicking & fishing we'll miss. I love seeing all the photos of everybody at all the get togethers, but it makes me sad to see what I'm missing while the years fly by and friends are lost. Better stop this train of thought...starting to tear up!

GB: glad to hear you're going to retire soon! I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of leisure time & sunshine. Beware of loosing leisure time...ha! Make every minute of every day count! AND DON'T GO BACK TO WORK!

Have a great DDFF this year, tell Harry & Carol Hi, and make a fuss of some sort at Kenny D's...gotta keep those waitresses on their toes!